Best dac/amp under $1000 for IEM's? Still Mojo?
May 10, 2018 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

aldinho878

500+ Head-Fier
Looking to purchase a dac/amp combo for mainly iem's. Is the Mojo still regarded as one of the best under $1,000? was also looking at Alo Rx and Continental, but my understanding is the Rx doesn't have a dac component? any other opinions, RHA decamp L1, IFI micro idsd black label maybe?

Mainly used with MacBook Pro as desk setup and iem's, so I would like something minimalistic and elegant and not too bulky. Hence the above options mentioned

Thanks

May 10, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 3
Mojo and the Micro Black Label probably get the highest volume of recommendations? The new xDSD, also from iFi, and Fiio Q5 are the new hype things.

ALO Rx and Continental are both amps only. The Continental Dual Mono has a DAC. It's over $1k new, but you could find one used or on the ALO deals page from time to time. The CDM DAC section is extremely smooth and more colored actually than the amp section. I like it, but many people don't and only use the CDM with DAPs or external DACs.

RHA Dacamp L1 is tempting at the lowered price point, but IIRC reviews said that it was difficult to use the volume control with sensitive IEMs.

May 10, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 3
I’m in the Mojo crowd still very good. Don’t have low impedance high sensitivity iems but it is still very good. I mostly use it with headphones and it will run a lot of them well. My K872’s at 36 ohms and 112db/mV sensitivity with a little Griz are just fun they dig deep and can slap the bass go to a little Neil Young or Steely Dan and still in control with great detail and soundstage. It also runs the HD-800’s very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back