Best DAC/AMP option for Sennheiser HD650
Jul 5, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #16 of 26
I guess it's time to save money until Christmas for a mojo hehe, again if you guys know about something that might be better or cost less and provides almost the same quality.
Funny that no one cared about the firefly red hehe

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #17 of 26
Not a fan of the Mojo with the 650 unless you can score one super cheap in the sub $300 area.

I would recommend looking at the Fulla 2 if your wanting an easily transportable option that is also cheap ($99). Powers the 650 just fine, I have one myself. You can even plug your smartphone into a port on the front of the Fulla 2 to listen to music on your phone/streaming.

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #18 of 26
I guess it's time to save money until Christmas for a mojo hehe, again if you guys know about something that might be better or cost less and provides almost the same quality.
Funny that no one cared about the firefly red hehe
I have not heard the Red as a dac/amp only as a dac. I did hear it fronting a amp that I bought at a show and thought it did quite well I just knew my dac was going to do better. My dac is the Schiit Yggdrasil so I knew if it sounded good on it it would only get better and that was the case.

Jul 6, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #19 of 26
I have mojo and 6xx while my roommate has the idsd black label. I would not say that the idsd is a mojo killer instead it's more to preferences. If you prefer a warmer and little bit laid back go for mojo but the idsd BL has a little bit more clarity and soundstage. I am not really a fan of hd650+mojo even though they sound good together. The idsd BL is a better pair with hd650 IMO. Bottlehead is by far the best pair under $500 and you could also consider the schiit stack. I had the bifrost+valhalla before and they're awesome.

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #20 of 26
Thanks the guys for the above but kindly clarify for a portable dac/amp then it mojo and only that? I mean in less than three hundred but portable only, which one do you suggest?

Thanks guys

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #21 of 26
Thanks the guys for the above but kindly clarify for a portable dac/amp then it mojo and only that? I mean in less than three hundred but portable only, which one do you suggest?

Thanks guys

I would go iDSD Nano BL for that price range especially if you listen to Tidal.

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #22 of 26
While I can't comment with experience on either since I haven't heard them, from what I have read and been told over the years, the Mojo has an incredible Dac section (since it's r2r), and a well enough performing Amp section. Other options might beat it as far as power and authority go with their amp's, but the Mojo beats even many desktop Dac's out in performance. Since you're worried more about amp'ing the HD650, something like the iDSD might be better. Either one is a fantastic portable option though, and you would do well with either one (though the iDSD is a fair bit bigger than the Mojo - just something to consider for a portable).

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents :p

Mar 15, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #23 of 26
I haven't heard the Chord Mojo but I I use the Dragonfly Red with my HD650's and I find it to be a rather great combo. I use mine more for desktop use rather than portable.

Mar 27, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #24 of 26
The Moon 230had makes my unmodded HD650 sound amazing. Organic and spacious soundstage;way faster; tons of clarity; enhanced treble and superbly smooth. I use it with the Auralic ataurus as a Pre amp, a great solid state combo for the HD650 imho.

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #26 of 26
i am using Chord 2qute and Violectric v281. these are pretty good combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back