Best Dac/Amp from pc to headphone <$130
Aug 11, 2017 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

espanarules

100+ Head-Fier
Gear:
Monoprice M560
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0

ATH-CKR10
...and just purchased the Panasonic RP-HD10-K...
Cowon Plenue D

I am looking for a dedicated DAC/amp for my headphones from my pc

I tried the

SMSL IDEA SABRE...just wow...music had depth, texture, and simply...I was able to just lose myself in my music. It is great for a portable DAC...but just...not for the desktop usage....

I just ordered the Micca OriGen+...and will try that in a couple of days...Amazon prime.

I am definitely open to other suggestions <$130...
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #2 of 13
Gear:
Monoprice M560
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0

ATH-CKR10
...and just purchased the Panasonic RP-HD10-K...
Cowon Plenue D

I am looking for a dedicated DAC/amp for my headphones from my pc

I tried the

SMSL IDEA SABRE...just wow...music had depth, texture, and simply...I was able to just lose myself in my music. It is great for a portable DAC...but just...not for the desktop usage....

I just ordered the Micca OriGen+...and will try that in a couple of days...Amazon prime.

I am definitely open to other suggestions <$130...
Thanks in advance
Really??? No one??? LOL

Aug 12, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #3 of 13
If the SMSL sounded amazing to you, why not use that?

Aug 12, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #4 of 13
If the SMSL sounded amazing to you, why not use that?
It's like having a small remote...just awkward for a desktop application...believe me...if I didn't have such a great (player) Cowon Plenue D, I would just keep this for my phone...

Aug 12, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #6 of 13
In that price range you could maybe check out a Schiit Fulla 2 and see what you think. It might work for you. It's small, but not as small as what you have got.
Thanks man...
I have checked it out...but not in person...can't test it out at any brick/mortar store...

Aug 12, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #8 of 13
Aug 12, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #9 of 13
They don't have it yet
Amazon isn't going to carry Schiit products unless Schiit allows them to, which I don't see happening. Their prices are already very competitive and the company is very comfortable and confident with themselves so they likely won't turn to Amazon to help increase sales.

Aug 12, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #10 of 13
Amazon isn't going to carry Schiit products unless Schiit allows them to, which I don't see happening. Their prices are already very competitive and the company is very comfortable and confident with themselves so they likely won't turn to Amazon to help increase sales.
Yes they do...lots of their products...just not the fulls 2

Aug 12, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #11 of 13
Yes they do...lots of their products...just not the fulls 2
Ah I see, well they're all more expensive on Amazon anyway. I think the only reason you wouldn't buy directly from Schiit is perhaps if the shipping from Schiit would be too expensive to another country

Aug 12, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #12 of 13
Ah I see, well they're all more expensive on Amazon anyway. I think the only reason you wouldn't buy directly from Schiit is perhaps if the shipping from Schiit would be too expensive to another country
They are selling the Fulla 1...lol, for $58

Aug 12, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #13 of 13
They are selling the Fulla 1...lol, for $58

The Fulla 1 is the old model, of course it's $58.

Vali 2: $30 more on Amazon
Modi 2 and Magni 2: $20 more
PYST cables: $4 more
Modi 2 Uber/Magni 2 Uber: $30 more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back