best DAC+AMP for PC?
Dec 17, 2014 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

melterx12

New Head-Fier
hey guys, quick question Im looking to buy a DAC+AMP for my PC (I use ATH-M50's), I was wondering if theres a difference in sound quality / noise between the Schiit Fulla and an Objective2? Given the price difference Im trying to figure out which one to buy.

also to throw a quick noob question in, is it better to turn the volume up on the amp and have low sound set in Windows or vice versa?

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 2
  hey guys, quick question I'm looking to buy a DAC+AMP for my PC (I use ATH-M50's), I was wondering if there's a difference in sound quality / noise between the Schiit Fulla and an Objective2? Given the price difference I'm trying to figure out which one to buy.

also to throw a quick noob question in, is it better to turn the volume up on the amp and have low sound set in Windows or vice versa?

For headphones like the ATH-M50s, the Schiit Fulla ($80) or FiiO E10K ($75) is about as much as you would want to spend for improving the M50s audio quality.
If your into FPS gaming the Sound Blaster Z sound card ($60-$80) is another option.

You want to control volume using the last device in the chain (headphone amplifier), so you want to turn up the source (Windows) as high as possible (like 75% or higher).
I guess you could say to feed the last device as strong a signal as possible, for best audio quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back