Best DAC-AMP for 1K$?
Dec 24, 2017 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Rayz

100+ Head-Fier
Hey. simple as that: I'm looking for the best combo of DAC-AMP (one device).
My badget goes up to 1K$, but i'll be glad to be noticed if there's a good one for less.
I need something that can amp well my headphones.
Headphones i'm going to plug-in: AKG K701, Beyers DT 990 and 770 and Ultrasone PRO 900. mostly the K701.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 9
I have the Audio-GD NFB 28.38. It is a pretty large unit. I like it a lot. It has lots of power and a relay based volume lot that ensures there is no channel imbalance at low volume. You have to open the unit to change the DAC filter. I changed it to linear phase slow roll off and like it. Total cost shipped is just under 1k. You Really Need to Plan to run your HPs balanced with this amp though. I think they have a similar unit designed for single ended if you want that. They Audio GD amps use current gain instead of voltage gain. I don't claim to know much about amp Design But I Have Noticed Other manufacturers Are starting To Advertise New Current Gain Amp Designs. I'd Say The NFB 28.38 Has A Very Neutral Sound.

I Also Have The Schiit Jotenheim but Without The Internal Dac. I use a modi multibit with it. The Jot Is Very Fast And Punchy.

I Would Be Interested In How the NTH 28.38 compares To The Questyle mentioned Above. I think the NTH 28.38 has more total power but that is only 1 factor.

I have read good things about the Audio GD NFB-11 and R2R-11 but have not heard them. I wonder how they compare to mock multivitamins + Mangi 3 As those are close in price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back