Best dac/amp combo under US$150
May 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lootr5858

New Head-Fier
hi all, I'm every new to amp/dac combo thingy
and have some questions:
1. does dac play an important role of improving sound quality (mainly boost clarity and slightly for mids, reduce hissing and enhance transparency?
2. what a dac really does?
3. is it recommended to have a dac when my source is a handphone (sony ericsion w8/ nokia lumia 620)

i'm actually considering d-zero and e12 but e12 is a pure amp, and i'm afraid that a pure amp cannot improve the sound quality much with a lousy source. is this true?

i'm using ue700 and planning to buy sr80i

so i'm still finding an amp or amp/dac combo to improve the sound quality and reduce hiss
d-zero (which some says degrade mids) or e12 or any dac/amp under US$150(S$200) and can be brought directly from Singapore local stores, not online or shipped from overseas (i dun have credit card/nets/ or any card or paypal of these sort)

note: o2 is out of my consideration cos its too bulky and separate dac and amp too for having too many wires to deal with

May 9, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
hi all, I'm every new to amp/dac combo thingy
and have some questions:
1. does dac play an important role of improving sound quality (mainly boost clarity and slightly for mids, reduce hissing and enhance transparency?
2. what a dac really does?
3. is it recommended to have a dac when my source is a handphone (sony ericsion w8/ nokia lumia 620)

i'm actually considering d-zero and e12 but e12 is a pure amp, and i'm afraid that a pure amp cannot improve the sound quality much with a lousy source. is this true?

i'm using ue700 and planning to buy sr80i

so i'm still finding an amp or amp/dac combo to improve the sound quality and reduce hiss
d-zero (which some says degrade mids) or e12 or any dac/amp under US$150(S$200) and can be brought directly from Singapore local stores, not online or shipped from overseas (i dun have credit card/nets/ or any card or paypal of these sort)

note: o2 is out of my consideration cos its too bulky and separate dac and amp too for having too many wires to deal with

You pretty much answered question #2 with #1 but a DAC converts a digital signal (lots of 0's and 1's) to a analog signal (lots of copper and circuitry) into your ears which makes you shake and boogie..

Yes if you are serious about getting the most out of your IEM/Headphones then it is recommended. I travel with a JDS Labs CMoyBB and although its a hassel sometimes to carry both, I would take that over the horrible DA that comes from an ipod.. 

in your price range you are limited to the ones you mentioned and can't go wrong with either meaning you pick one you lean more towards, plug it in and get an audio boner till the next craving comes along and you are ready to upgrade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back