Best customs for under $350
Feb 1, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #16 of 23
hmm you can make your own custom tips... Check back with me in a month or so. If I don't get the info I need to make a portable set of cans like the ATH-DSW9's I'll work on making DIY custom ear sleeves, it shouldnt be that hard but then again I don't think any of my projects have ever worked out like they do in my mind. Maybe wooden custom sleeves
smily_headphones1.gif
nah I'm just getting too ahead of myself.

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #17 of 23
DIY custom sleeves, never thought of that. I'm just not sure if the phonaks will be too big to wear while sleeping with custom tips on them.

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #19 of 23
That's odd, I figured that full customs are flat against your ear and would therefore be good for sleeping.

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #20 of 23
My UE-11 sticks out just a little bit. It is kinda bulky with the 4 drivers.

The LW doesn't stick out as much, but still it is not as flush to the ears as a UM2 or Westone 3.

Feb 2, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Huxley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bernie what was the problem, how much does sleek charge for refitting?

Sharp pains in both ear with higher intensity in my left ear. Poor isolation, assuming the ear canal wasn't thick enough. I have a short ear canal as well, so Bill @ Sleek made the canal a little shorter.

Sleek Audio doesn't charge anything for refitting when you first get them, but I'd take a stab and say they would later on (a year or two).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back