BEST crossfeed plugin for foobar 0.8.3??
Oct 23, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #61 of 68
Hew!  Thank you for the post about the foo_dsp_dolbyhp with the stereo to 4 channel plugin.  Best sound I've heard so far on my computer.  Had to post just to express how much I like this plugin combo.  Thanks!

Jan 7, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #63 of 68
I have just discovered this thread. Wow....using the Channelmixer settings mentioned above.....sounds really interesting right now.....let's see how it feels in a few days. Anyway, thanks everybody for your input
beerchug.gif

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #64 of 68
Quote:
I have just discovered this thread. Wow....using the Channelmixer settings mentioned above.....sounds really interesting right now.....let's see how it feels in a few days. Anyway, thanks everybody for your input
beerchug.gif

The best VST crossfeed plugins are Isone Pro, Redline Monitor and HeadFit. What are you discussing here?

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #66 of 68
This thread is WAY old.  Foobar 0.8.3 is an ancient version that has been completely replaced.

May 22, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #67 of 68
Yes this thread is way old, but I just tried these plugins (dolbyhph.dll and foo_dsp_dolbyhp.dll) with foobar2000 1.1.6 and they work *GREAT*.

I may post more detailed reactions after I've listened to more music, but all I can say right now is this is the best experience I've ever had with headphones, or for that matter a stereo, since 1974.  Using the chain "convert stereo to 4 channels -> Dolby Headphones" has taken what I'm hearing (Future Sonics Atrio with the MG7 driver coming out of my basic Toshiba Satellite laptop) to, well, not just a new level, but seriously the best sound I've ever had.  And I've gone through a long list of stuff looking for a special sound - speakers ranging from B&W 801f original series to Klipschorns to big  VMPS towers and just about everything in between, headphones including AKG K240 and K340, Sennheiser 414, 424 and 600, Beyer Dynamics, Klipsch S4 and X10, Monster Turbine Pro Coppers, EarSonics SM3 and now the Atrios.

This is freaking awesome.

Thanks to OP for starting this thread so many years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back