Best Covers / Acoustic Versions Thread
Jun 8, 2011 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

majiktripp

New Head-Fier
Did a quick search for Threads which might already encompass this type of thing but wasn't any one in particular I could see (the search function is not the best on the site I must say...)

Anyways I was thinking of a place to stick any cover versions of songs that you found particularly good; a couple below for example to start us off

Scala & Kolacny Brothers cover of Radioheads 'Creep'

Again their cover of RHCP - Under the Bridge

And an acoustic version of Men At Works 'Downunder' by former lead singer Colin Hay

Not the best video quality but the song cover is bloody excellent...

So whats everyone else's favourites?

Jun 8, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 19
Johnny Cash's cover of Trent Reznor's 'Hurt'

Polyphonic Spree cover Nirvana's 'Lithium'

Hopefully giving some people some idea's of stuff to post, had a ton in my head and cant remember them now :/

Jun 19, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #6 of 19
Kids (11, and 12!) cover Foo Fighters 'Everlong' at a music festival back in Ireland, and do a bloody good job of it too - love the kid playing guitar's little smirk near the end :)

Jun 20, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #7 of 19
Ayo Technology. Impressive. 

Jun 20, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #10 of 19
Joan Baez's cover of Bob Dylan's It's All Over Now Baby Blue

George Harrison's cover of Dylan's If Not For You.

And of course, another cover of a Bob Dylan song, but probably the most famous one.

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #11 of 19
Not strictly an official release as such, but Motorhead performed an acoustic version of Ace of Spades for a beer advert in the UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkzbCkZEuQ

The latest in the series features Madness performing Baggy Trousers.

Jun 21, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #12 of 19
One of my favourites - Seether "One Cold Night" album - with a cover of Pearl Jam's "Immortality".

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #13 of 19
I'm not one for these talent shows, BUT this guy has a fantastic voice - of which from looking at him you would not expect him to have. 5 Minutes long but a bit of the back story before he sings. I quite enjoy when the underdog does well :)

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #15 of 19
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkzbCkZEuQ[/VIDEO]
I wish some of Motörhead's covers of other bands were acoustic like this. They have really screwed some of them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back