Best Contemporary indie Artists?
Sep 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

audrey489

New Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone could recommend some of the top independent artists that are making their way up in the scene. The market is definitely opening up, but it is still hard to really find the different musicians that are working their way into the scene without recording companies and the bombardment of advertisements.
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #2 of 6
The Big Pink
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Girls
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tiny Vipers

D-Sisive

Wild Beasts

The Antlers

The Love Language

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #3 of 6
THE DEAR HUNTER. im in love with this band, fantastic vocal harmony, interesting arrangement and theyre all over the place in terms of musical style. theyre stunning....my favorite band in the world right now. not the deer hunter or deerhunter. but the dear hunter

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #5 of 6
I don't know if they are considered indie, and I don't really think I listen to indie, but I like Beiruit and a similar band, Devotchka.

Good music.

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #6 of 6
Interesting question, since there is a sea, a soup of endless bands.

I have not heard it all, yet would feel sorta safe in proclaiming Health as one of the more vital, interesting bands working. I thought their latest Get Color approached genius in a couple of spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back