Hi,
I have creative f-xi 5.1 USB...
how I can configure it to get maximum quality of the sound
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm newbie and I cant get any of the fancy abbreviations like SPIDF and others
smily_headphones1.gif

please help
smily_headphones1.gif

also which driver is the best one to use?

here is a bit screens:
ImageShack© - Gallery

May 26, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #2 of 22
I have a Creative X-fi Expresscard, and the sound was drastically improved by installing the SRS Audio Sandbox. I would imagine that a similar, if not identical, effect would be realized with the X-fi 5.1 USB as well

May 26, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by boozcool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Creative X-fi Expresscard, and the sound was drastically improved by installing the SRS Audio Sandbox. I would imagine that a similar, if not identical, effect would be realized with the X-fi 5.1 USB as well

Thanks I will give it a try! and what about main configs regarding codex players and etc (see my screens)? drivers (original or moded)?

May 26, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #6 of 22
The SPDIF-Out refers to a digital output. So if you were to plug in a separate DAC, then you would use the optical out plug and SPDIF-Out setting.
Otherwise, the "Speaker" setting refers to an analog output (the DAC stage occurs in the X-fi). So if you are plugging in speakers, headphones, or an amplifier, then you would use the "Speaker" setting.
To use the SRS Audio Sandbox, first you have to install the program. Then, you would set the Winamp setting to the "SRS Audio Sandbox", and from the SRS Audio Sandbox program, you would set it to "Speaker"

May 26, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #8 of 22
Load up mode switcher. I'm using 5.1 speakers also but for 2 channel, I set it to Audio Creation Mode which is my preset for 2 channel. When I game it's put to game mode, which has EAX enabled & set to 5.1

May 26, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Load up mode switcher. I'm using 5.1 speakers also but for 2 channel, I set it to Audio Creation Mode which is my preset for 2 channel. When I game it's put to game mode, which has EAX enabled & set to 5.1

and for winamp and movie player what are your settings?

winifh.jpg

moder.jpg

May 26, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

You should use hn4f23mf4n. As for WMP I use FFDSHOW. For the HTPC AC-3 and DTS SPDIF out but for the gaming PC left alone, no audio upsampling/DSP upscaling.

Can you give me more info on kernal or ASIO plugins how to puth them where to find them? that they are and the difference? is it will be again 5.1 when I'm listening my mp3?

I have to install this FFDSHOW? or?

May 26, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #12 of 22
Google search, Winamp kernal or ASIO plugin. You place the dll in winamp\plugins. Load up winamp and choose that in output. I would recommend kernal, as gapless seems to work better on the x-fi than in ASIO mode. As for MP3's you want only the left & right speakers to function during stereo playback. If it's outputting to center & rears it's doing some DSP. I don't like it that way with the X-Fi's.

FFDSHOW is a multi video/audio plugin filter for WMP and WMC. I would just recommend using resize/aspect to your monitor's native resolution, using 4 taps of lancos filter.

May 26, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Google search, Winamp kernal or ASIO plugin. You place the dll in winamp\plugins. Load up winamp and choose that in output. I would recommend kernal, as gapless seems to work better on the x-fi than in ASIO mode. As for MP3's you want only the left & right speakers to function during stereo playback. If it's outputting to center & rears it's doing some DSP. I don't like it that way with the X-Fi's.

FFDSHOW is a multi video/audio plugin filter for WMP and WMC. I would just recommend using resize/aspect to your monitor's native resolution, using 4 taps of lancos filter.

I just put the dll plusing for kernel and will give it a try! I also will install ffdshow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back