Best Computer Speakers 2.1 Under $200
May 19, 2008 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

freckling

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I was trying to figure out the best 2.1 speaker set up is for my computer. I've used monitors (Roland and M-Audio) in the past and the lack of solid bass always gnawed at me. My purpose is mainly for music while still being very good for movies as well. I don't really like Logitech speakers because their bass is just too much and I don't know if I would want the Klipsch Promedia's either. I was considering getting a Cambridge Soundworks Megaworks 2.1 system or mix-matching my own speaker/subwoofer set-up of Cambridge Soundworks speakers (like two M50's and a Basscube 851, which I could get for a total of less than $200). What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

May 19, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 6
For your budget? Looks pretty good to me. It would be tough to beat that unless you add another $100.

My 2.1 setup is a pair of ADS L420 ( old speakers, go for about $100 now) and a TAD 12" sub I got for $120 shipped on a crazy deal. This setup rocks the entire house lol.

Seriously look at av123, parts express and Vanns? For deals on new equipment on the cheap that absolutely rocks.

May 21, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 6
It's a bit hard to find information on your products, especially since TAD's website sucks! Can't find anything on there! haha. i'm not even sure how you thought to make that combination up or if you happened to find good prices for them at the right time when you were looking. av123 seems to carry really expensive products (probably very high quality though) and I actually did buy the subwoofer for my home theater system from partsexpress (dayton).

I've actually already purchased the CSW M50's (for $75) and am looking to hook it up to a subwoofer. Have any suggestions? Since matching subwoofers to speakers arent that important, the reason I was looking at the Basscube 851 is because of the 70watts per speaker and that I could have used a 1/8" to 1/8" plug to connect the subwoofer to my computer. I don't want to have to use a separate amp and just want this to be a 3 piece set.

May 21, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #4 of 6
May 22, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #5 of 6
I have the klipsch promedia and love them. There is a bass volume control so you can set it to your taste. I bought mine off of ebay for $75 and have them on my deck with my dvp of choice and although they are not audiophile quality they sound fine for the use. Many people that come over for a visit are astonished at the sound and if we do a fire in the middle of the yard I can crank the bass to get the effect 30 yards away.

May 22, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 6
noooooooooooooooo to Klipsch pc speakers. Please, please no!

Buy Swans, Cambridge, poop whatever. Just not Bose, Logitech, Klipsch(PC series).

Please.

av123 is not expensive in light of what you get speaker-wise. their electronics are PS audio and the X-series(amps are supposed to KILL but I are brand new) atm. pricey yes but excellent too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back