Best Complement to TF10s
Feb 19, 2012 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nucgaek

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I currently have a TF10 with a chrishimself cable (great cable btw), but was looking for a second pair of earphones to complement them.
I'm looking in the $100-$150 range, and the main contenders so far have been the RE262, the GR07 and the DBA02 or variant (B2 or DBA-02mkII), but am willing to look at other options.
I generally listen to Rock, rock-pop, K-pop? A bit of electronic too, but not much. Most are FLAC, the rest are 320kbp MP3s, all out of my Desire HD.
Generally looking for something that isn't too similar to the TF10s so I can get a new experience, but nothing too sibilant (already had some on my tf10s but managed to EQ it down).
Also, needs to be generally available as I'll be looking for delivery to Australia, so give it your best shot Head-Fi!

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #2 of 2
Try a Phonak PFE! I actually prefer them over the B2 and GR07 (IMO so don't kill me GR07 fans). Another great affordable IEM that is different from the TF10s are the Shure SE215. I never thought they were a keeper because I judged them from the price tag, but oh my they are absolutely astonishing for what you pay for. I find the SE215 to be my personal favorites around the 100-150ish price range and the PFEs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back