Best Compilations for Artist [Re]Discovery?
Apr 25, 2024 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7
For your favorite artists, which compilation or greatest hits album would you recommend as the perfect way for new fans to discover them, or for long-time fans to re-discover them?

Here's one to start: The Smiths - Complete

1714056360705.png

For anybody that wants to know/remember what the Marr/Morrissey craze was all about, this is absolutely brilliant, and truly complete. It even includes a pristine studio version of The Draize Train.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #2 of 7
I don't listen to a lot of compilations of single artists, but the one that came to my mind is "Was Muss Muss" by Herbert Grönemeyer.

He had a great phase of music making (which imo has been over for a while) and this Best Of captured that really well. I am not a huge fan of his career overall, but he has kept the same live band together for decades now, which does say something about his personality.

Random fact, he also played in the movie/series "Das Boot".

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 7
This one right?

1714058879792.png

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #5 of 7
I keep a Youtube music playlist, you're sure to run into something you haven't heard. I send it to friends to test headphones since it's got a wide variety. Also nice since it's not the video versions.

Ooh, thanks for that! :smiley: :pray: I definitely see some stuff that I listen to in there, which makes me think that even the stuff I don't know would totally jive with me.

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 7
For Mark Knopfler / Dire Straits I love Private Investigations. (Also a good album to test new headphones).

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #7 of 7
Nice idea for a topic. Been listenin to alot of Dire Straits, and Marr (who is strill crankin out good tunes) lately as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back