Best Coax Digital Out card
Apr 9, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiggaD369
BTW, I thought computer's PSU only effects the sound if ANALOG is used, not DIGITAL?

The signal is still originating from the computer so it would still have an affect.

Well I havn't used Revo 5.1 but how are the drivers? Easy to use? Are there any cheap options besides that and AV710? Are you going to do more than listen to music?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
Damn this place! I now have it in my head that maybe i can get more improved sound since i got a 300 watt PSU that is powering a cd-rw,2 hdd's and 3 fans with all pci slots filled.

Don't forget the powercord for the computer.
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
The signal is still originating from the computer so it would still have an affect.

Well I havn't used Revo 5.1 but how are the drivers? Easy to use? Are there any cheap options besides that and AV710? Are you going to do more than listen to music?

Don't forget the powercord for the computer.
biggrin.gif

I think the options are pretty to use, but I'm a total mic newbie, nor have I tried using it more than once, so I"ve never gotten the mic to work.

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #19 of 27
Have never tried the M-audio cards but they carry a Envy chip so it wont be a difficult task as far as the drivers are concerned. I'll be getting a nice Seasonic PSU soon and ordering some Volex's and reterminating them for my whole system soon.

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:43 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiggaD369
Thanks for the input guys but looks like $500 card is out of my range lol. I just need something that is sub $50 like a M-Audio Rev.

ALWAYS STATE YOUR PRICE RANGE!!! thanks

your question was "what's the best coax output pc card?" did you expect the BEST to be under $50? sorry, but so many "what's the B E S T" threads with folks with minimal priceranges.

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:47 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
Damn this place! I now have it in my head that maybe i can get more improved sound since i got a 300 watt PSU that is powering a cd-rw,2 hdd's and 3 fans with all pci slots filled.

Where do i sign up for "Team Debt"?
plainface.gif

meh. i doubt more watts will help you. a better regulated PC psu perhaps, but there are no "audiophile" psu's to my knowledge. i have a seasonic, but mainly cuz it's efficient, quiet, and reliable. does it sound better than a POS POWMAX (prior to explosion
icon10.gif
), no idea. LAN is the man on these issues though, so your in the right place.

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:48 AM Post #22 of 27
-psu only affects analog

Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
The signal is still originating from the computer so it would still have

and i would imagine MORE SO with coax (than optical) as it's electrical, but someone will correct me if i'm off

Apr 9, 2006 at 11:41 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
-psu only affects analog

and i would imagine MORE SO with coax (than optical) as it's electrical, but someone will correct me if i'm off

Correct, but it's one of the reasons it is transformer coupled, e.g. on the Emu 0404.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #24 of 27
OK, to be really perticular, I in need of a soundcard which transmits a bit-perfect signal throught Coax Dig Out for under $100. What are your suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back