Best closed over the ear headphones?
Aug 3, 2012 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tmhifi

New Head-Fier
I´m looking for a great pair of headphones to do some mixing and producing work on the road.

They need to be closed, over the ear.

Criteria:
- Comfort great, will work for many hours straight
- Non-ear fatiquing sound, flat sound, maybe even a bit laidback like HD650, but more detailed and clearer
- Needs to isolate lot of outside noise

Few that crossed my path:
Beyerdynamic T70
Beyerdynamic T5p

Any opinions on those?

Please give me some other suggestions!

Aug 4, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 6
+1 for Sennheiser Amperiors - supra but they do a good job :)

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #6 of 6
T5p's sound fantastic, theres a lot that can be searched about them. I would rate them as neutral to slightly lighter on the bass than real life (judged upon classical, symphony/concerto type stuff), clarity, feeling of space, and separation are superb. 

ultrasone sig pro: they are bassier than the t5p's, I would rate them slightly heavier on the bass than real life. the clarity, separation, feeling of space aren't as good. But they sound warmer and more pleasant, I wouldn't necessarily say they are more accurate though. 

as far as isolation goes, they're both pretty good. I think the sig pro's might isolate a tiny bit better, because of the higher clamping force. The t5p's are significantly more comfortable, but that said, the sig pro's aren't uncomfortable (unless you have large-ish ears, then I can see that your ear will likely rub against the cloth covering the driver.)

the sig pro's are smaller by a good bit, and foldable which makes them a lot more portable if thats an issue.

overall i think the t5p's are a slightly higher quality headphone, but it depends what you're looking for. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back