Best closed headphones for Zune HD under $200?
Feb 5, 2010 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mdm510

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm looking for the best closed headphone for under $200 maybe around 150 or less? I don't want anyone to listen to my music like they have been with my previous now sold Beats by Dr Dre Studio Edition.... God those things were overpriced and ridiciously bassy... anyway I would like the best headphone in that price range. The source will most likely be a Zune HD. I havent purchased it yet. I'm coming here first. Its either the Zune HD or the Sony Walkman X... but god the walkman x is so overpriced... Anyway please help guys! P.S. I'm not going to be buying an amp. I just want an unamped great music experience with balanced crisp lows, mids , highs, hearing all details. Is that possible for that price range? I heard the AT M50's were great.. I'll stop rambling now. Please help guys. Thanks!

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 6
since this is in the full sized section i assume you don't want iems?

fwir the m50's will want more amping than a portable will offer, so based on my experiences i'd look towards the denon d1001. it won't be shy on the bass, but i think in a more enjoyable way than the beats.

they won't stop all sound leakage but will be better than open phones.

Feb 5, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #4 of 6
Yeap! full sized for me.. I dont like sticking things in my ears.. So Denon is the way ill go then! ... If i can afford the denon 2000's... would that be a great choice for the Zune HD?

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 6
d2000 are bigger, need better amping. d1001 are better straight out of a portable.

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #6 of 6
The D2000's are gonna need a better amp than the D1001.

You should also look into the Creative Aurvana Live!'s which are basically the same headphone as the D1001's.

Also, you should keep in mind that if you recable the D1001's, they improve in sound dramatically.

As for a media player, I would probably get a used ipod 5G off ebay and replace the battery if needed. There is really nothing wrong with them.
Put rockbox on it and you're all set =)

I guess you want a DAP that has wifi and all those bells in whistles though, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back