Best closed headphones for Burson 160DS
Feb 20, 2015 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rocMcBan

New Head-Fier
I am looking at getting new headphones for my office to replace/complement a pair of Technics RP-DH1200.
Closed headphones are a must, this is a open space office shared with a few coworkers. Therefore no sound leakage accepted.
Cans will be fed by a Burson 160DS, so I am thinking about high-impedance (never had any before)
Music I listen to is quite eclectic going from Classical to Opera to Folk to Electronic (Kraftwerk).
Max budget is around $300, but I am flexible within reasonable limits.

Now among my candidates I seem to be leaning towards the Beyer DT770 250 Ω . Price is unbeatable, around $130 here in my neck of the woods.
The AlphaDogs also looked nice but I am not sure If I can get them here.

Any recommendations ?

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #4 of 8
Very simple answer.
Because I paid one third of the amount you mention for the Burson.
And as I said, the $300 max for headphones is not a "written-in-stone max" it can vary if the product is worth it.

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #5 of 8
DT770 look like your best bet from what I can see. Maybe Mad Dog Pro? Depends on what sort of sound you like; your music preferences may factor in here. There's another closed set of cans I'm thinking of which might work well, but they're a touch more expensive. The p7, I think they're called. Bauer and Wilkins or something like that; look 'em up. I haven't seen a bad review of them yet.

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 8
Hey, you should consider:

AKG K550
Soundmagic HP100/150
Focal Spirit Pro and Spirit Classic
B&W P7
Nad Viso HP50

Best Luck!

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #8 of 8
The B&W P7 seems to be an intriguing choice, although there is not much info about it.
Thanks to all who replied and i'll keep you posted.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sumptuous-and-sonorous-bowers-wilkins-p7 (2 Pages + Measurements)

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back