best closed headphone for ipod nano
Nov 16, 2006 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

byraur

New Head-Fier
Hello,

which are the best closed headphone for ipod nano? I listen hard rock and grunge... I don't know which headphones brands could play this kind of music.

The heaphones should have:

Portability, confort and overall no amp need.

Thank you so much!!

Nov 16, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 8
I use the A900's for my zen xtra. They work great, but, I'm not sure if it is my mp3 files, or the old player, but, the sq is a little low. I'm thinking it is my player... But, I know on my comp. they sound as smooth as butter, and no amp is needed.

Nov 16, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by seantx
AKG 81DJ.

Seconded. Damn good headphone for the price and would sound good with the music you like without an amp.

Nov 16, 2006 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 8
Depends on price range. K81 DJ for 60 bucks. AT A700 for a little more than twice the price.
Isolation is better in the AT, and sound quality is way better IMO.

But they are ridiculously large and can be used only indoors. K81s on the other hand look snazzy and cool for outdoor wear.

K81s arent all that comfy, watever I did to the headband, I had to take a break after around an hour, but its not too bad. A700's on the other hand are easily the most comfy headphones I have triend on.

Nov 16, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Senn HD 25-1

Seconded.

They are pricey (add replacement cables and pads) but the HD 25-1 are portable, efficient and offer a punchy low end that should work well with your preferred genres. Their comfort seems to vary by individual. Robster is selling a like new pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back