Best Closed Back Over Ear DJ Headphones
Jun 21, 2015 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

poutsareli

New Head-Fier
Hey guys.
Is nice to be a part of Head-Fi :)

So am in a bit of struggle choosing the best headphones that suites my needs.

I was never a headphone user tbh. I used to have Beats PRO in the past and as far as i can remember i loved the way they sound.

Am a bit of a punchy tight deep bass guy so am looking for a Closed back Over Ear Punchy heavy bass cans. 

Since we don't have any shop u can test them my only option is to purchase try them and send them back to Amazon.

I tried Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and V-Modas M100.

Well the Momentums had an amazing sound stage-clear pure sound but the bass was horrible. I could hear the headphones cracking at 90-100% and i was able to max the volume without being satisfied.

The V-Modas M100 have an ok sound stage AMAZING bass for my ears but they are completely uncomfortable after 30 mins of usage. I can feel my ears burning and need to take them off.
I know they are available XL pads but am not sure if with those they will be comfortable. 

Am looking to buy a headphone that will have similar or better bass to M100's and a clear sound stage as momentums and be comfortable. Also the momentums were 100% comfortable for me.

My budget is around 300 euros.

i dont care about folding or anything as i will use them only for music on my pc. i will not use them for portability.

Vmodas costed me 280 and momentums costed me 260 on amazon.

if an open back headphone is better than vmodas m100 and comfortable throw in ur suggestions as i don't mind that much about others listening to what am listening.

also am planning to go un amped but if vmodas would be better with an amp let me know. (am using an sound blaster z)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 21
  Hey guys.
Is nice to be a part of Head-Fi :)

So am in a bit of struggle choosing the best headphones that suites my needs.

I was never a headphone user tbh. I used to have Beats PRO in the past and as far as i can remember i loved the way they sound.

Am a bit of a punchy tight deep bass guy so am looking for a Closed back Over Ear Punchy heavy bass cans. 

Since we don't have any shop u can test them my only option is to purchase try them and send them back to Amazon.

I tried Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and V-Modas M100.

Well the Momentums had an amazing sound stage-clear pure sound but the bass was horrible. I could hear the headphones cracking at 90-100% and i was able to max the volume without being satisfied.

The V-Modas M100 have an ok sound stage AMAZING bass for my ears but they are completely uncomfortable after 30 mins of usage. I can feel my ears burning and need to take them off.
I know they are available XL pads but am not sure if with those they will be comfortable. 

Am looking to buy a headphone that will have similar or better bass to M100's and a clear sound stage as momentums and be comfortable. Also the momentums were 100% comfortable for me.

My budget is around 300 euros.

i dont care about folding or anything as i will use them only for music on my pc. i will not use them for portability.

Vmodas costed me 280 and momentums costed me 260 on amazon.

if an open back headphone is better than vmodas m100 and comfortable throw in ur suggestions as i don't mind that much about others listening to what am listening.

also am planning to go un amped but if vmodas would be better with an amp let me know. (am using an sound blaster z)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi.

Ok i don't understand very well, you say that you want some DJ headphones (is my understanding that DJ cans must have great isolation for the stage) but you suggested an open back headphones too (and open backed headphones don't isolate you from external sounds). The XL pads for M100, from what I read, make an important difference in comfort, they won't benefit from amping. You can try the JVC SZ-2000, it is well known for its bass (Buy HM5 pads). For open cans with good bass the Fidelio X2 is well regarded, however as a general rule, closed cans can produce louder and thumping bass but the open cans can produce quality bass.

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 21
thank you so much for your reply. 

am more interested in a closed back headphone.

i want to give the xl pads a shot but they cost 40 euros extra.punchy deep bass is my priority also i want a good sound stage as momentum 2.0

Jun 23, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #6 of 21
  thank you so much for your reply. 

am more interested in a closed back headphone.

i want to give the xl pads a shot but they cost 40 euros extra.punchy deep bass is my priority also i want a good sound stage as momentum 2.0

You're Welcome!

From what I remember in the listening of my friend's M100, the soundstage is not a strong point, however reading further about the XL pads, people say that improves comfort and soundstage as well. You should give it a shot IMO, however I suggest you to make some measurements of your ear and ask the measurements of the XL pads to be sure.

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #7 of 21
i searched all over the internet and the shipping cost is 100 pounds lol but i found a shop near me for 39 euros shipped..again too much but i hope they turn out good. iif not ill have to send the m100's back and i don;t know what to do :)

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #8 of 21
V-Moda has set up shop in Italy so it may be cheaper if you order from the Italian shop, they also have new custom shields if you want to have fun with that.

Jun 25, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #10 of 21
so i got the xl pads..same thing..my ears were still burning and my ears are normal in size :) i send the vmodas back..now am in the market again for a good pair of headphones.

any suggestions?

Jun 25, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #12 of 21
Marshall Monitor should be about 120 euros, that's what I DJ with.

Jun 25, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #13 of 21
  so i got the xl pads..same thing..my ears were still burning and my ears are normal in size :) i send the vmodas back..now am in the market again for a good pair of headphones.

any suggestions?

oh :/ sorry about that. Maybe this feeling is caused by pleather pads, so I suggest again the SZ2000 with HM5 velour earpads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back