Best clear and detailed iem $100-200
Oct 18, 2017 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

seanwee

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys its been a while since ive had to get new iems so i havent exactly been updated on new releases.But my CKR-9 has died and now im looking for a replacement pair that can hopefully surpass the CKR-9.

I prefer a clean detailed sound and preferably a W-shaped signature. Essentially a V-shaped signature with boosted mids. Bass quality is prioritised over quantity. The sound must also be resolving and have good instrument separation. Big soundstage would be an optional bonus :)

My budget is about 200 dollars but i might be able to push it to 250 if really necessary.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #2 of 3
To give a rough idea of the CKR9s sound here are a few personal conparisons.

Sony XBA 300-AP sounds similar but the CKR9 has a more cohesive sound with higher quality bass and a bigger soundstage.

JVC FXH 30 has more bass quantity but loses in quality. The FXH 30 has a darker overall sound and loses out in detail and clarity.

1 More Triple Driver has a comparatively recessed treble and loses out in treble detail. Bass quality on the CKR9 is significantly better but the bass has a touch less quantity.

The closest sounding iem ive heard to the CKR 9 is the RHA T20 with neutral filters. Bass quantity of the two are similar but the CKR 9 comes ahead slightly in terms of bass quality. Mids and treble of the CKR 9 are similarly clear and detailed but the RHA may sound strident and sibilant at times. The RHA T20 has a larger soundstage.

In terms of sound signature the Audio Technica M50X is almost identical to the CKR9.

Thats all the comparisons i remember. Hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back