Best circumaural or supra-aural noice cancelling headphones for under $125 CAD
Feb 16, 2012 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jthm

100+ Head-Fier
Title says it all really. Looking to get these as a gift for someone by Monday of next week. This rules out online stores or the forums here as I imagine shipping will be costly and perhaps not possible in time. However if anyone knows reputable vendors in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada that would be helpful. She's not an audiophile so sound quality is secondary to noise cancelling ability, comfort and even appearance. Always have come here for advice on my headphone purchases and never been disappointed :).

edit: Been a while so obviously I missed some things. The headphones won't use an amp and obviously they need to be closed back. Looking through head-fi it seems noise cancelling technology is too costly, what I meant was headphones that do the best job isolating outside noise.

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #2 of 7
I really like the Philips O'Neil Stretch headphones for isolation.  They look cool and are super durable.  The sound is just above so so, but for $60 you cannot go wrong.  They are also very comfortable.

Best of luck!

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 7
You could look into the Phiaton PS 320 and the V-Moda Crossfade LP, they are both right around your stated price range.

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 7
Thank you for the suggestions, love the nick and imagine Grokit, big Heinlein fan. I am reading some reviews for the Phiaton and V Moda currently. Couldn't find any for the Philips Stretch but it does seem quite affordable. Certainly interested in hearing from others should they care to offer suggestions. In particular if anyone knows a good store for purchasing headphones in the Greater Toronto Area that would help loads.

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 7
The Philips is nice-sounding for a $60 headphone and is available at almost any electronics store, but if you can buy the V-Moda locally they win at everything against the Philips.

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #6 of 7
The Philips do appear widely available. It is unfortunate that better quality options like Phiaton and V Moda are not. The only place I could found that sold either was here:http://extreme-pc.ca/showproduct.asp?productid=376480&menu1id=12&menu2id=142&menu3id=170 $160+shipping is too much so guess I will settle for the Philips, I doubt she'll complain though I'm all for giving the best quality when I can. Thanks for all the help and feel free to post more suggestions, won't purchase until Sunday and I can always give her an order slip if the phones are worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back