Best Circumaural, Noise Isolating Headphones With Good Bass?
Jun 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JohnLD

100+ Head-Fier
I have been doing a lot of research. I have looked into Sennheiser HD 439 but a lot of reviews say that Sennheiser is not known for bass. Just good quality sound. I will not be using a sound card or amp. I will plugging these headphones straight into my iPhone. I listen to dubstep and remixes and i like to blast my music. Does anyone know a good headphone thats over the ear, comfortable to have on for an hour, durable, great bass, noise isolating and under $150?

Beats are too expensive. 
Sennheiser is comfortable but doesn't have good bass apparently.
Audio technica has slightly better bass but they're uncomfortable.
Grado isnt a good looking pair of cans to me, the aesthetics aren't my type.

THIS ISNT WHAT I THINK. These are just what i see in reviews.

SO can anyone find me a good pair of headphones with the following features?
-Circumaural
-Good sound quality / bass
-Comfortable ( no pain, ears don't sweat, etc.)
-Good looking
-Somewhat Portable ( I'm not going to be exercising, but I want to bring them around with me, so maybe collapsible or comes with a case?)
-Obviously has to fit into my iphone
-Durable/Good quality ( not flimsy plastic, not a thin cord)
-Also i don't like the "Y" cord, I prefer a single sided cable)
-$150 or less

If you can find a headphone that best fits this description I would be very thankful.

For the "looks" what i find decent or attractive are basic designed headphones like sennheiser, bose( although too expensive) and the ugly ones (IMO) grado, schure, and beyerdynamic. I DONT MEAN TO TRASH YOUR FAVORITE HEADPHONES. I really hope you guys can help me. 

Jun 23, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #4 of 4
What about Audio Technica ATH es7

They are pretty beautiful cans, portable, with good bass and probably a lack of mids, but people are happy with them.

What are your opinion about them? Im new here, this is my first post, actually. Hi everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back