Best choice headphone for house music
Mar 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #3 of 5
HFI-580 is a very good option yea but at this price point M-Audio Q40 too, especially for this genre, it has better bass extension than HFi-580, you can replace the low quality pleather pads with Beyer DT770 pads for better fit/comfort.

I don't listen to a lot of house but Hardstyle though which is a house derivative and I always get amazed how well the Q40 handle this genre. ^^

Mar 23, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #4 of 5
Thank you for the respond. i would like to use the HFI-580's to from listening from an iPod or MP3-player. would this be ok or is an iPod  not capable of powering the HFI-580's enough?

Mar 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
What's the best choice headphone for house music under $150 ?, most people say the Ultrasone HFI-580 is the one for this job

Heya,

The HFI580 & HFI780 are excellent for House Music at that price point.

However, as RPGWizard pointed out, there are others. But it greatly depends on comfort. The M-Audio Q40 is better than the HFI580/780 for bassy music hands down. But, the Q40 is a little less comfortable out of the box to me, it has a high clamp force (which can be loosened), and the pads are a little shallow (but you can stuff them, or replace them all together to correct that). Once they're loosened up and the pads thickened/replaced, they're actually fine to me and a lot more comfortable. And at that point, they're incredibly bassy headphones with great mids and smooth treble for the $150 price point arena. An alternative would be a used Beyer DT770 (which I actually prefer, even though it has less bass emphasis than the Q-40).

Review of the Q40 in my signature, check it out.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back