Best "chillout" albums?
Jul 1, 2002 at 6:10 PM Post #16 of 95
Chilling out can be done in a lot of ways. Here's some artists I like for late-night chilling with a few friends.

Biosphere
Aphex Twin
Fennesz
Vladislav Delay
Oval
Jan Jelinek/Farben
Múm
Pole
Tortoise
Nick Drake
Miles Davis (In A Silent Way/Shhh peacefull)
Brian Eno
Steve Reich
Philip Glass
Lee "Scratch" Perry
King Tubby
Supersilent
Björk
Neu!
Kraftwerk
Kreidler
Labradford
Nobukazu Takemura
Sigur Ros
Klaus Schulze

I'll prolly come up with more later

Jul 1, 2002 at 10:01 PM Post #21 of 95
anything by portishead or massive attack. trip-hop just does it for me chill-wise.

i also like the indie band karate, who have a very soft and smooth jazz/rock mix. "the bed is in the ocean" is a perfect example of their subtle greatness.

Jul 2, 2002 at 4:19 AM Post #22 of 95
Also,
Harold Budd- The Pearl
Stars of the Lid- Gravitational Pull Vs. the Desire for an Aquatic Life
Stars of the Lid- The Ballasted Orchestra
Woob- 1194
Mystical Sun- Primordial Atmospheres

Jul 3, 2002 at 2:55 AM Post #23 of 95
I dont think anyone will disagree with this one. SUBLIME - SUBLIME one of my favorite CD's ever. just an incredible cd thats very chill.

Jul 3, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #24 of 95
what do you guys think about dave matthews---under the table and crash??

Jul 3, 2002 at 4:08 AM Post #25 of 95
Quote:

Originally posted by blink180tone
what do you guys think about dave matthews---under the table and crash??

They are two great albums, and many DMB fans here think of them as DMB's 2 best albums.

Me, I love them. DMB puts on an amazing live show, so my favourite DMB album is the Listener Supported 2CD.

Jul 3, 2002 at 4:23 AM Post #26 of 95
future sound of london - lifeforms
kruder & dorfmeister

not really a "chill album", but viral sonata (paul miller/ dj spooky) is pretty hypnotic (listen to it in a completely dark room..
eek.gif
)

Jul 4, 2002 at 1:54 AM Post #27 of 95
I'll second Neruda's Thievery pick. Kruder & Dorfmeister are excellent too - I just picked up their K&D Sessions -> yummee! Their DJ Kicks album is very bodacious as well.

The most outstanding pick that I see here (which I almost forgot about) is definitely Sublime's self titled cut. WOW! It's got a classic summer feel, broad appeal, and a nice blend of styles that makes it good for any occasion (imho) - especially chilling out.

As for my own pick, I've found myself drawn to the ole' Frank Sinatra (Greatest Hits) cd.

Jul 4, 2002 at 2:08 AM Post #28 of 95
(since I can't seem to be able to get anything done today, I'll just spam a bit...)

Tori Amos/Boys for Pele and Under the Pink

Elton John/Captain Fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back