Best Cheap IEMs?
May 14, 2018 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Michael2200

Head-Fier
Hey folks. So I've been looking in the <$50 range for some IEMs. 2 that have stood out have been the KZ ZSTs and the ZS10s. A friend has also pointed out the Tennmak Pros to me. Which one of those there are the "best", or are there any other ones that are better? My ears are pretty small and rubber earbuds slide out of my ear channels almost instantly, so any good fitting IEMs are also appreciated (I think Ill just go for some memory foam tips).
Regards

May 14, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #2 of 15
I really like my Dunu Tridents.Excellent build quality & balanced tone..

May 14, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #4 of 15
I'd consider the KZ Zsr as the Zs10 is a good bit larger and for small ears fit of the ZS10 may be problematic. I would also consider the TinAudio T2 at the price point you are looking at.

May 14, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #6 of 15
Check out RHA Audio.. solid headphones and backed up with great warranties and customer care.
Okay, they look pretty nice. Whats the sound quality compared to the likes of KZ and such? The only thing I'd be afraid of with these is the non-detachable cable and them slipping out of my ear, as most silicon earphones tend to....

May 14, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #7 of 15
I will second the remarks of @Wiljen regarding the bulkiness of the driver housings on the ZS10. This may be too much for you. You might also consider a ZS3, which also sounds quite good but is meaningfully smaller. SoundMAGIC E10 is another good option at this price point. FiiO FH1, just a bit more money, could also work. Maybe read about it and see what you think. Lastly, I think foam tips are going to be almost required for you given your fit issues, although, I suppose you could always give SpinFit a go and see what happens.

May 14, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #8 of 15
Hi, sorry that I cant help you with sq re KZ as I haven't heard them. From personal experience most RHA products have a more warm retrieval but that is subjective. Regarding non-detachable cable.. never had a problem. Don't think you will find a decent set within your price point with detach cables. Another iem worth looking into is the HIFI MAN RE-400. They on the outset very neutral but with a good seal way punch above their price point.

May 14, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #9 of 15
Hi, sorry that I cant help you with sq re KZ as I haven't heard them. From personal experience most RHA products have a more warm retrieval but that is subjective. Regarding non-detachable cable.. never had a problem. Don't think you will find a decent set within your price point with detach cables. Another iem worth looking into is the HIFI MAN RE-400. They on the outset very neutral but with a good seal way punch above their price point.

Okay, cool. The RHAs look pretty nice and are available where I live, which is pretty convenient, so I think I'll check them out a bit more. Which ones would you recommend me to get, the S500s or MA390s?

I will second the remarks of @Wiljen regarding the bulkiness of the driver housings on the ZS10. This may be too much for you. You might also consider a ZS3, which also sounds quite good but is meaningfully smaller. SoundMAGIC E10 is another good option at this price point. FiiO FH1, just a bit more money, could also work. Maybe read about it and see what you think. Lastly, I think foam tips are going to be almost required for you given your fit issues, although, I suppose you could always give SpinFit a go and see what happens.

Scratch the ZS10s then lol. Might look at the ZSTs, and ZS3s. The FH1s are sadly a bit more than I can justify spending on IEMs though.

May 15, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #12 of 15
S500s will tick all the boxes but play around with the various tips regarding seal. I use them as my plug in and go. Great value for build and sq
Is it sibilant at times? There's one review online that says it is, and that the treble can be sparkly. Can you confirm this? Am thinking to go with either the RHA S500U or Dunu DN-12 Trident.

May 15, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #13 of 15
What are you looking for sound sig wise. People are throwing out recommendations based on what they like with no clue to what you like lol

May 15, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #14 of 15
What are you looking for sound sig wise. People are throwing out recommendations based on what they like with no clue to what you like lol
Heh that's true. I listen to rap/EDM/swing/rock so they would need to be pretty balanced I think. Obviously a big soundstage would be nice, and some bass but not so much that it overpowers lows. Treble should be pretty balanced and the highs shouldn't be harsh.
Hope this helps.
Edit: I guess the tldr is something like grado sr60s in IEM form with more bass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back