Best Cartridge for Technics 1200?
Nov 14, 2004 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mr. X

100+ Head-Fier
I am not interested in doing any kind of modding to my Technics 1200. I love the table for its durability, perfect pitch control & ease of switching speeds for 45's. Sorry, but you just don't get these things from an audiophile table. If I could mod anything on it, it would only be the interconnects....but I don't really want to mess with it.

My question is this: What is the best cartridge for the 1200? I just want to get the best audiophile production out of my table without doing anything but changing cartridges.

The only cartridge I've ever used with it is the Ortofon Nite Club S, which simply plugs into the tonearm. I really don't even know where to begin with anything different...

Can anyone help? So far, I'm looking into Sumiko.

Nov 16, 2004 at 9:02 AM Post #2 of 3
Oh, I've missed that thread. Seems to be to late now - but anyway: What you'd need is the standard headshell in order to be able to mount standard 1/2" cartridges. Can't comment on the Sumikos, though - especially as I can't find any info on their comliance on the Sumiko web-site. The Technics arm is on the medium to heavy side, btw, so compliance shouldn't be higher than 15 µm/mN...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Nov 16, 2004 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks anyway, lini, but I feel very confident about my decision to change tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back