Best Cartoons of all time?
Oct 1, 2006 at 1:03 PM Post #17 of 31
If you want violance, hate, discontent, and destruction nothing and I mean nothing comes close to:

-The Roadrunner
-Bugs Bunny
-Daffy Duck

Go back and watch a few episodes.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:00 PM Post #19 of 31
Hmmm, how about the Peanuts, Tom & Jerry (especially the classic episodes) and the old Pink Panther series? But I also enjoy newer stuff like Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken, Dexter's Lab, The Powerpuff Girls, The Simpsons, Futurama, Animaniacs, Southpark, Drawn Together and maybe less internationally known stuff like Ernest Le Vampire (e.g.: http://www.planete-jeunesse.com/sour...cle=753&sec=3), which I find extremely funny in a laconic way or the very unique and classic La Linea (e.g.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Linea_(TV_series))...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
Looney Toons (how could they miss that?)

Indeed...I think it's because it's a list of PRIME-TIME cartoons, and the Looney Toons (I don't think) wasn't ever on prime-time.

At any rate, my favorites...

Looney Toons (any list of great cartoons must begin and end here)
Tom & Jerry (older ones are better)
Popeye (ditto)
Underdog and friends (Go-Go Gophers, Cmdr McBrag, etc...)
The Jetsons
Hong Kong Fooey
Yogi Bear and Friends (Snagglepuss, Wally Gator, Huckleberry Hound, etc...)
Bullwinkle
Fat Albert (some of the best characters)
Donald Duck (that guy has an anger management problem!!)
Speed Racer (campy as could be)
The Simpsons
Ren and Stimpy

I never so much considered Beavis & Butthead a cartoon as much as it was more Jackass - The Animated Cartoon.

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #21 of 31
i wish they would play the pink panther, i always enjoyed that cartoon show along with others and speaking of the ghostbusters, what about teenage mutant ninja turtles? that was a huge success at one point in time and yeah daffy duck was cool and remember speedy gonzales, ahhh good times

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Donald Duck (that guy has an anger management problem!!)

lol his tempers were funny and how he would scramble about when nothing went his way....now that you mention him, what about ducktales? there was another one that was airing around that time, i wish i could remember the name, but i think the bear was named louie? where he would fly in a plane? the bear looked exactly like the "jungle book" disney movie, oh yeah and alvin and the chimpmunks and those squirrels...that's it! chip n dale rescue rangers...woo my memory is good

edit: i always hated beavis n butthead, i thought it was stupid and annoying as well as ren & stimpy

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #23 of 31
Dexter's Lab of course.

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:46 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
Woody Woodpecker

How could I forget Woody Woodpecker...especially the older ones!! Anyone remember the one with Ambassador Ivan Awfulitch?
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #27 of 31
As a child my favorites were the cartoons with original Bugs Bunny et al.

As an adult I shamelessly enjoy Family Guy as my favorite followed by The Simpsons and Futurama.

ththstuie8sc.gif

stewiefruit0ae9im6og.gif

fg_12.gif

11142443664083tx6yk7fa.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by antiant
lol his tempers were funny and how he would scramble about when nothing went his way....now that you mention him, what about ducktales? there was another one that was airing around that time, i wish i could remember the name, but i think the bear was named louie? where he would fly in a plane? the bear looked exactly like the "jungle book" disney movie, oh yeah and alvin and the chimpmunks and those squirrels...that's it! chip n dale rescue rangers...woo my memory is good

edit: i always hated beavis n butthead, i thought it was stupid and annoying as well as ren & stimpy

Tale Spin. There was also Darkwing Duck.
biggrin.gif

Ah, so many memories. I feel old.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #30 of 31
In no particular order

1) Conan the Barbarian (early 90s cartoon)
2) Mighty Max
3) King Arthur and the Knights of Justice (early 90s cartoon)
4) Bruno the Kid (early 90s cartoon with Bruce Willis as the voice of Bruno)
5) Bobby's World!
6) Gummy Bears
7) He-man
8) Transformers
9) Jonny Quest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back