Best cans that can run off of a portable amp
Jan 10, 2009 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

vash2022

New Head-Fier
I dont have alot of money to start a super rig so i just want to get some nice cans and a little portable DIY amp for around 200 all together. Maybe more if i can get parts used. I like to sit back and listen to music with my eyes closed for most rock a.k.a pink floyd but also like a nice bass for rap and electronica. thanks.

Jan 10, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 7
Get to a Chicago meet some time (check the meets forum) to get a taste of different hps. I like Grado/Alessandro but you may not like the comfort for long periods.

Jan 10, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #6 of 7
mini^3 + PX-100s/KSC75s

I could be happy with that combo for a LONG time
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #7 of 7
To get good bass for this music, you'll be better off going with closed headphones. FWIR, for this music and for headphones + amp, the first headphones that I would consider buying is the JVC RX900 and then mod it with Dynamat Xtreme. And then build a decent DIY amp. I suspect that combo would have a good sound stage and bump pretty well. Another option that I would consider is the ATH-M50 + a DIY amp. Edit: If wanting more isolation or portability, I would consider the HD25-1 II, despite the reduced sound stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back