Best cans for movies/TV series??
Aug 23, 2007 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dacari

100+ Head-Fier
Hi !!

I spend a lot of time watching TV series from the computer (Dolby Headphone soundcard) and I decided to search a pair of headphones for this reason
orphsmile.gif

I have an Ultrasone 550 which I use for gaming, are perfect IMHO, but for movies are a bit too boomy and tight.
I have Grado SR80, they are good, although they are bright, they perform well with vocals without sibilance, but I'd like a bit of "body".
Which cans have a good vocal treatment without sibilance?
I've thought maybe a open and airy headphone or maybe semi-open like AKG 141 or 240s??

Thanks.

Aug 23, 2007 at 9:41 AM Post #2 of 5
My EH350s has impeccable midrange. Vocals sound natural, smooth and is supringsly well-bodied; acoustic guitars & violins are beautifully textured.

I use them to watch DVDs on my DAP and you bet that they fare quite solidy. Its soundstage is decent albeit a bit compact. If soundstage is a major priority of yours, then look elsewhere. If you're looking for clarity, well bodied midrange, and a good all round performance however, then believe me, these budget phones WON'T disapoint.
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks cursory for your recommendation.
Yes, a bit of soundstage will be nice. Because it's for home use only I don't have any restriction, open, big...etc.
I've been thinking about Denon 1000, but "other closed"...

Aug 23, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #5 of 5
I use an Original Master Headphone.
I'd thought about HD580 but the price it's closer to HD600 (here in Spain) and I don't know what to do. Cheaper than HD580 I can buy a brand new Ultrasone 2500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back