Best cans for around 100?
Mar 21, 2008 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sickofsoyo

New Head-Fier
I recently had my old headphones break on me, a pair of sennheisers, and I'm looking for something new. I didnt spend all that much on my last pair, around 50, but I want to get something a little more powerful. I will be using it for listening in loud environments, some light DJing and gaming on the computer. Equipment being used with will consist of a Microsoft Zune, X-Fi platinum sound card, and marantz SR-940 reciever. I was looking at these three, but was referred to this site for more information.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Thanks in adnvance. If there is something not in those three you would recommend, feel free to post it.

Mar 21, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 9
I think out of all of those, the HD 280 is probably going to be the only one that will fit all those needs. It does block a considerable amount of sound (mainly because of it's clamping force) and sounds fairly good. However, you can usually find a regular HD 280 at a lower price. Shop around.

Nylan

EDIT: However, Imilhan's recommendation is given a lot around HF (best closed under 100). I've never heard the RP-21, so I have no idea. Link to Skylab's review to help you get some more opinions.

Mar 22, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #7 of 9
AD700s are great for sure, but being open they leak and don't isolate too well for what the OP was talking about.

Mar 22, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #8 of 9
AD700s don't isolate at all. They're very open. If the foam and pads are removed you can see right through the grille. =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back