Best cable to use for a IEM reshell?
Jul 1, 2011 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

seaskimmer

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everybody,

I have a TF10 that is probably going to be reshelled by Fisher Hearing sometime soon. I was wondering, what would be the best option for cabling the reshell?
I currently have a Null Audio Enyo cable on my TF10's but the Neutrik plug on the end is in kinda shabby condition, it could be easily re-terminated though. I heard Fisher offers their own cable which is very similar to the Westone EPIC.

I emailed Kaysen from Fisher and she said re-arranging the plugs was included with reshelling so I was wondering... what about UE Pro cables or Westone EPIC cables? I was just considering those as it seems to be that there are more options to upgrade cables with those terminations in the future.

Thanks for your input!

-Dave

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #2 of 4
The Null audio Enyo won't fit unless you tell Fisher that you want to retain the stock pin size. Custom pins are slightly bigger. They also mate with the IEM on a flat mount instead of that recessed little "dip" you get with TF.10s.

Excellent choice by the way, I got my SF5 Pro's reshelled by them back in the day and a silver cable and they absolutely sing! VERY reasonable price and they're very nice and prompt people as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back