Best Buy problems
Aug 31, 2005 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

CMacDaddy

100+ Head-Fier
I know I know, this should be a stickey, but I'm hoping that someone on here has had experience with problems with best buy.

My friend got a Samsung MP3 player from Best Buy in June. It worked great until he tried to update the firmware. After updating, it stopped working.

He sent it back to samsung and got a new unit (same make) with the firmware updated. The new one still doesnt work. It wont connect with any of 5 computers I've tried it on.

He's sick of dealing with Samsung and is hoping to exchange the player for another one from best buy (hopefully Iriver). He purchased the extended warranty from Best Buy.

Is there any way for him to get a full refund with a restocking fee or going through 3 weeks of best buy trying to repair it?

Has anyone had any success with best buy service?

Aug 31, 2005 at 12:32 AM Post #2 of 2
i've never had a problem with bestbuy service, but as far as the extended warranty goes, i've only used it twice. I have returned a lot more items over the years however.
the first incident involved a olympus digital camera. the lcd quit on me and then the camera wouldnt turn on. i took it back to bestbuy. they wanted to send it off. i said "i need a camera for a trip i'm taking, cant you give me credit so i can just buy a new one?", the dude asked a manager, he said okay. got the credit, bought a new camera.
same situation with a tv i bought. tv didnt turn on anymore (24" sony flat tube, $350 or so tv). took the tv in, they wanted to send it off for repair, gave them a similar speech, "6 weeks without a tv, come on man, i just bought 5 dvd's from here, cant you just give me credit?". bought a 27" sony hdtv
smily_headphones1.gif

i think it depends on the people more than anything else. i have the choice of 3 bestbuys in a 12 mile radius, i found the good one of the 3. i've been to crappy bestbuys before, you wont have much luck at one of these bestbuys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back