Best Buy iPod psp plan, new or refurb?
Apr 9, 2008 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AuroraProject

Headphoneus Supremus
My 5th gen (first issue) 60gb iPod has started acting up, I get the unhappy face about every third try when it's turned on. I purchased it from Best Buy and bought a 3 year psp plan for it. I called the local store and they said to bring it in and they would have to send it out for service. It was unclear whether i would receive a refurb or credit towards a new model.

Anyone have any experience with this? How long is the turn around time? Do they actually send it out for repair, or do they just swap it out in store?

Apr 9, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #2 of 9
I had a 2nd gen 10 gb with the PSP plan. It got the sad face. I took it to Best Buy and left it. They had Geek Squad check it out. They then sent it off for repair. When I got it back it would turn on but the main buttons no longer worked. It was a mess. They called it a day and gave me a new 60 gb 5g. I bought the PSP plan on it as well. Oh... Turn around time was a week I think. Geek Squad = Not So Good.

Hope that helps!

Jeff

Apr 9, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 9
I try to buy a Product Replacement Plan (PRP) when I can. I take full advantage of this. I bought a ZV:M at BB and was able to receive full credit.

I would never want to wait for weeks while they *fix* it. Screw that.

Apr 19, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #7 of 9
Update: I called yesterday to see what was going on with my iPod. Turns out they replaced the hard drive and it's on it's way back, I should have it back on Monday. I didn't think they were worth fixing, but whatever, I'll be happy to have it back, it's been a long 2 weeks!

Apr 19, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I try to buy a Product Replacement Plan (PRP) when I can. I take full advantage of this. I bought a ZV:M at BB and was able to receive full credit.

I would never want to wait for weeks while they *fix* it. Screw that.

That's exactly what anyone should buy to avoid any "Repair" time. I'd rather get credit or a new unit. The service protection plan is to get your stuff repaired. I don't trust it. Me and Best Buy have history together just because of this.

Get the Replacement Plan and not the Service Protection Plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back