Best Buy Headphone help...
Apr 14, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #17 of 40
I have heard the the RE's have less isolation due to the holes on the back of the IEM as compared to the NE's. Other than that I can't really say aside from the fact that I own the NE's and like them alot.

Apr 14, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #18 of 40
Apr 14, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #19 of 40
As someone who was in your shoes just a little while ago...my advice is to sell the best buy gift card. Or, try to snag a few more gift cards or pony up another $100 for the Sennheiser HD25-1.

That's really as high as you can go at Best Buy.

Apr 14, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #20 of 40
you use the giftcard at best buy you are going to get ripped off. I would buy something else with the giftcard (cd's, movies, or something) or sell the gift card and use the money for cansQ!

Apr 14, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #21 of 40
OK. So maybe I'll talk to my financial advisor i.e. wife and see if I can spring for some thru the net. One reason I am getting new ones is we are taking an overseas trip in July and want some comfortable ones for the long airplane ride. Looks like my best bet is the NuForce or RE2 as far as good seperation and full sound. Are they both comfortable?

Now...another added to the mix. Altec Lansing UHP336. On Amazon these are $39. Some said they are the same as the Ultimate Ear 3? Are these better/same/worse than the NuForce or RE2?

Apr 14, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #22 of 40
I have heard the Super.fi phones are a bit tricky to get to fit properly and they can pop out. I also hear they don't have great bass. Having said that the UHP336 is a rebadged UE for a fraction of the cost so is a good deal. I just would look at reviews of it before buying it as you may not like it's sound signature due to it's balanced speaker versus the dynamic speaker used in the NE-7M.

Apr 14, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #23 of 40
Thanks. Sound quality is certainly the #1 overall criteria for me more so that "best deal". If the NuForce or RE are better than the Audio TEchnica, or even another choice in that class, then that's what I want. Since I won't be able to listen before I buy, it is great to have knowledgable opinions from folks on here. Like I mentioned, I do enjoy a wide variety of music from like Beck to AC/DC to Jurassic 5. I would say I don't want anything so "bassy" that it overshawdows everything else. It would be nice to get something that when I listen to it, it "wows" me compared to the v-moda, baseline Shure and sony's I have had.

I do really appreciate everyone's patience with all the questions and such....

Apr 14, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #24 of 40
Best Buy has a price match policy. See if you can finagle them into giving you a better price for anything that you buy. If you need to, use B&H or even J&R as a point of comparison, they often have far better prices.

Apr 14, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #26 of 40
OK...so after searching, seems like the NuForce is the best for the money and with what I have been using, will be a significant upgrade for me. I see alot of folks talking about buying other "tips" for sound quality and comfort. Can anyone suggest some I can get? I figured since I'll be ordering from Amazon anyway, might as well go ahead and get some better ones.

Apr 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #30 of 40
Thanks Zalithian. I know I'm being a nudge, but what can I say. Have you heard both the 7e's and the 8e's? What would your suggestion be? I will be using it exclusively on my iphone 3g. I have some vmodas, but not nuts at all about them. Too muddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back