Best Buy and Rocketfish are New Sponsors of the Head-Fi Community!
Oct 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #17 of 28
the best buy near me already carries more different kinds of headphones than any other store i have been able to find within an hour of my house. unfortunately you cant demo very many of them, and none of them are hi-fi. best buy could make a fanboy out of me if they would demo a bunch of hi-fi headphones. especially audio technicas, ultrasones, denons, and grados. i think the mid range phones from them would do well on the mass market. 

which brings up another question... do mainsteam headphone buyers even know they are listening to crap? is ignorance bliss, or do they know and just not care because they arent as passionate about music as we head-fians are?

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

which brings up another question... do mainsteam headphone buyers even know they are listening to crap? is ignorance bliss, or do they know and just not care because they arent as passionate about music as we head-fians are?

I don't think they know.... then when shown the price to upgrade, I don't think they care.

Oct 5, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #23 of 28
If customers are already dropping $180 on Solo's, and $300 on beats, some competition around the beginning of that price range would be a very good thing, and would show how overpriced monster really is.

Oct 13, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #25 of 28
I hope this is a preview of things to come. I recently went to Best Buy and to my surprise I found a decent turntable (Pro-Ject Debut) and a great selection of vinyl. I hope the start carrying high(er) end audio.

Oct 22, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #27 of 28
Best Buy and Head Fuy, a match made in heaven.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back