best budget "warm sounding" iem for gaming/music?
Jul 3, 2016 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Beztis

Aka: Darien, zentg
i've gone through more headphones than kim kimkardashian has gone through guys and i think i just may be more of an iem person cus my glasses and just general comfort preferences...though i have pretty waxy ears even when i clean daily, so iems kinda gross me out - but lately i been sleeping with ear plugs cus i get easily disturbed by noise, and im used to seeing wax on them now so it doesn't bother me anymore.

i would like to spend $50 or less.

tbh though i am compeltely lost - i checked the headfi headphone buying guide, and i dont even know half these brands that make iems  :frowning2: basically i want a comfortable iem that has a fatigue free fun sound (like my sennheiser 650hd). 

Jul 3, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 13
The dual-driver KZ ZN1 Mini could be a fun option. Good build quality. Warm, fatigue free sound with a monster of a soundstage. They're cheap too at around 10-15 USD.

Downsides? A very short cable. I personally find them very comfortable but some have issues getting them to fit well due to how short the nozzle is. On the plus side, that shallow fit means wax buildup probably won't be much of an issue. 

Here is a link to a reliable seller on AliExpress (KZ themselves) if you want to check them out. Just copy/paste:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-KZ-Headphone-Double-Modular-HiFi-Tuning-Noise-Cancelling-Sensor-Headphone-Earphone-In-ear-Base-Stereo/32600247209.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.2.C8D98a&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_10,searchweb201602_2_10037_10017_10033_406_10032_10040_9999,searchweb201603_7&btsid=9b506e14-d924-48cd-97d0-c0d293335e39

*I ended up adding some ear guides to mine to help with fit.*

Edit: The Ultimate Ears earphones in your avatar look like the 7 Pro Custom. Could be wrong though.

Jul 4, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 13
What about the Xiaomi Hybrid? They're really cheap and their sound is fun and warm. The BA in it doesn't extend much and it's totally fatigue free. Plenty of bass as well. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #6 of 13
  What about the Xiaomi Hybrid? They're really cheap and their sound is fun and warm. The BA in it doesn't extend much and it's totally fatigue free. Plenty of bass as well. 
smily_headphones1.gif

cool thanks! what is BA? is this it? looks nice and quality at a nice price :D i was actually also looking at a the DUNU trident cus i hear that is the be all end all of fatigue free IEMs 

https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Earphone-Headphones-Multi-unit-Earphones/dp/B018AMDCLI/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1467676611&sr=1-1&keywords=xiami+hybrid#Ask

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #7 of 13

cool thanks! what is BA? is this it? looks nice and quality at a nice price :D i was actually also looking at a the DUNU trident cus i hear that is the be all end all of fatigue free IEMs 

https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Earphone-Headphones-Multi-unit-Earphones/dp/B018AMDCLI/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1467676611&sr=1-1&keywords=xiami+hybrid#Ask

That's it yeah. BA stands for balanced armature. It's a type of driver that delivers clean mids and highs but usually lacks on bass. Since that earphone is a hybrid, it has a dynamic driver for the bass (a really good one honestly) and a BA for the mids and treble. The treble on that is really smooth, not agressive at all, i have ones myself.

Take a look at some reviews here. Some say the two drivers don't sound so good. Well in my opinion, not as good as some 100$ earphones. But definitely as good as many of 50-60$ earphones in the market. I like them at least 
smily_headphones1.gif
 i hope it helps.

Jul 4, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #8 of 13
I'd highly recommend the Audiotechnica IM50/ 70! (70 slightly more expensive, more like 80-90USD, whereas the im50 is  more like 60USD)
really nice , warm bass and comfortable fit imo

check out a review of them here!https://accessibleaudio.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/audio-technica-im50-top-budget-iem/ 

I would also agree with the suggestion of xiaomi pistons/ hybrid pistons, also very cheap and good deal, but don't have too many expectations about getting a refined sound from them :p

oh and I think the iems in your profile picture are the UltimateEars 18Pro. I really love them lol but can't afford. T_T

Jul 4, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #9 of 13
  I'd highly recommend the Audiotechnica IM50/ 70! (70 slightly more expensive, more like 80-90USD, whereas the im50 is  more like 60USD)
really nice , warm bass and comfortable fit imo

check out a review of them here!https://accessibleaudio.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/audio-technica-im50-top-budget-iem/ 

I would also agree with the suggestion of xiaomi pistons/ hybrid pistons, also very cheap and good deal, but don't have too many expectations about getting a refined sound from them :p

The IM50 is also a gem, i agree! No sibilance at all and really great vocals (especially female ones)!
They put the high mids more forward than the xiaomi hybrids though. They're not that confortable for long sessions imo though. But they're really really good. 
The IM50 were the iems that made me start my journey here on head-fi 
tongue.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #11 of 13
I went YOLO and ordered the Sennheiser CX 3.0, cus i like sennheiser and love my HD650s, but they aren't comfortable to me cus the pads and everything just feel uncomfortable to me and i hear the cx 3.0 has a nice warm sound and the build quality seems really good too and cant go wrong with sennheiser! GERMAN GERMAN SENNHEIIIIIIISER!!! BMW!!!! SEN HEIIIIIIIII SER !!!

ES IST ZEIR FÜR RACHE!

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #12 of 13
  I went YOLO and ordered the Sennheiser CX 3.0, cus i like sennheiser and love my HD650s, but they aren't comfortable to me cus the pads and everything just feel uncomfortable to me and i hear the cx 3.0 has a nice warm sound and the build quality seems really good too and cant go wrong with sennheiser! GERMAN GERMAN SENNHEIIIIIIISER!!! BMW!!!! SEN HEIIIIIIIII SER !!!

ES IST ZEIR FÜR RACHE!

Lol calm down mate xD i'm really happy for you, i hope you enjoy them. Please let us know if you're happy with them when you get to spend some time with them 
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #13 of 13

ES IST ZEIR FÜR RACHE!

$29 = YOLO?

Wish I could categorize my wife in that realm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back