Best budget player?
Apr 5, 2009 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

quane

100+ Head-Fier
I've made about 3 different threads in these last couple days but it's only because I'm ambitious and got a few ideas. Another one is (possibly) a new MP3 player. Something pretty cheap (wouldn't want to go over £60-70) but at the same time best player for the money. Don't really care about the size or make but one thing I need is quite big memory (at least 8GB) and that's about it. I have no real knowledge in portable players but I do know players like Cowon, Zune, Zen, iPod e.t.c. I'm just having hard time deciding which one should I aim for.

Short and brief for those who don't want to read

- At least 8GB Memory
- Don't care about FLAC compability
- Quite cheap (£60-70 max)
- Don't care about size or brand

Help me out here
smily_headphones1.gif
If you need any more info, let me know

Apr 5, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 27
If you want a good sounding buget player. Then I suggest the Sansa Clip. I can't think of any other that would give you the most bang for your buck. And although you don't care about FLAC it supports FLAC.

Apr 5, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 27
Sansa Clip or Fuze are good options because of possible expandable memory. What way does it work? For example if you buy 4GB Fuze and then buy 8GB microSD card (it's compatible) would you replace the 4GB or add on top of the 4GB (Making it 12gb)?

Apr 5, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #5 of 27
Yeah, I'm going for the Fuze, I'm trying to get a 2nd hand one but once I got enough money for a new one, I will just go for it + get 8GB memory card extension
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 27
Sansa Fuze has been bought
biggrin.gif
Right now it's charging. Sounds pretty good, just can't make FLAC files to work. GUI is pretty crap, ugly ;[ Waiting for Rockbox

Apr 9, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #10 of 27
I already have a fuze, so there's no turning back and I plan on buying more and more Sansa products if my Fuze dies because only after a day, I really like it.

Just after I said that FLAC's don't work, I did update the firmware and now they work.

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #11 of 27
The P7 gets possible expandable memory too. I love the new UI design!
Anyone got a chance to test the new P35?

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #12 of 27
For good bang-for-the-buck and on the cheap, you cannot go wrong with Sandisk's Sansa series (particularly the Clip and Fuze).

Apr 23, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #13 of 27
Yep, loving my Fuze and have a $15 referbed Clip on the way. My wife has a Clip and iPod Nano and IMO the Clip sounds better and was about 1/2 the price for the same amount of memory.

Apr 24, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #14 of 27
Nice to see you got something you like. Another good alternative for "cheap" is actually used 5th Generation iPods. If you don't mind refurbishing them yourself, you can get one for anywhere from $30 - $70 in the US, I don't know what it would cost in Ireland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back