Best Budget IEMs?
Apr 12, 2015 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

iLovePanda265

Head-Fier
My VSD3S recently died on me so now I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs. I'm currently looking at the Havi B3, TTPOD T2, ATH IM70, GR07 BE, and VSD5. I'm not exactly sure what I want for a sound signature I just wanted something with good detail and separation. So I was wondering which of these headphones you guys find the best or if there is something I didn't list that's better for around $100 or less. If it helps I'm currently listening to a lot of post hardcore (ex. Dance Gavin Dance, Hail the Sun, and A Lot Like Birds).

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for the suggestion, I've heard the se215 isn't very detailed and it's kinda bassy. Im actually wondering which iem is more detailed the im70 or gr07 because those are the main two I'm deciding between.

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the suggestion, I've heard the se215 isn't very detailed and it's kinda bassy. Im actually wondering which iem is more detailed the im70 or gr07 because those are the main two I'm deciding between.

The sound may not be as detailed as the others but the SE215s are not too far off. The Shures have a much much better build quality than the other ones with the exception of the IM70s they are on par. I have not heard most of the ones you posted above so I can't vote but I've had a brief listen to the gr07 and it does sound better than the SE215s although slightly different sound sig.

Keep in mind where you win in terms of SQ where you will lose in build/overall durability and longevity of the IEM. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back