Best budget headphones
Nov 22, 2011 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Porkchop1

New Head-Fier
Im searching for headphones with price tag around 50euros for gaming and music listening. 

I didnt particularly like the loud bass of Porta Pros which I used to have before they broke.

Melodic metal bands like Protest the hero and In flames are probably my favourite, if thats any help.

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
Im searching for headphones with price tag around 50euros for gaming and music listening. 

I didnt particularly like the loud bass of Porta Pros which I used to have before they broke.

Melodic metal bands like Protest the hero and In flames are probably my favourite, if thats any help.

Heya,

Dunno about you, but one of the reasons I like melodic metal is because it has a lot of bass and long tone work which a bassy headphone makes sound full and gorgeous.

If you agree with that, check out the Panasonic HTF600.

Otherwise, see the Shure SRH440.

I would also hint at a Grado SR60i, but unfortunately, I think you'd fatigue right away with how much attack they have and are on-ear so less comfortable in general for long gaming sessions (also small sound stage). But otherwise, great sound for metal.

Very best,

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 7
I like my HTF600s
The Samson SR850 are a good value too.

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 7
HTF600s look interesting, but the problem is that the price seems to be very high here in Finland compared to other countries.

I also looked into Samson SR850 and found them for fairly reasonable price (55euros). Im really thinking about buying those, but I have couple of questions. First of all, are these thing fine with integrated soundcard and also why theres so much comparison between SR850 and superlux hd681?

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
HTF600s look interesting, but the problem is that the price seems to be very high here in Finland compared to other countries.
I also looked into Samson SR850 and found them for fairly reasonable price (55euros). Im really thinking about buying those, but I have couple of questions. First of all, are these thing fine with integrated soundcard and also why theres so much comparison between SR850 and superlux hd681?

Samson SR850s are made by Superlux.
Samson SR850s are 32-Ohm, easy to drive, so they would work with an integrated (built in) sound card (as well as any other headphone could).
I've had my SR850s for week, about the best bang for the buck headphone there are.

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #6 of 7
Ok, Im going to order sr850 tomorrow.

I thank you for fast and good responses and Im definately going to check this site more in future. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:

Full review of the SR850 in my signature under it's model number.

In summary, good sound, a little bright and slightly harsh highs. But that can easily be fixed with a small equalizer bump in the 5k, 7k and 10k region down a few decibels.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back