Best budget headphone amp
Mar 11, 2017 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

fastgoose

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

I am a new member and new in the high quality headphones.

I am looking for a headphone amp that can run a forstex t50 RP MK3 with no problems but it have to be cheap as possible. I did some research and soon found out there are so many options. Does anyeone know a good option? I know things about electonics so a DIY-kit can I make work. As I said before it have to be cheap my budget is 50 euro's at the most but I want the best price for the quality.

thanks in advance.

Mar 12, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #3 of 14
You could just about build an O2 for that if you are handy with an iron.

Mar 12, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 14
Hi there,

I am a new member and new in the high quality headphones.

I am looking for a headphone amp that can run a forstex t50 RP MK3 with no problems but it have to be cheap as possible. I did some research and soon found out there are so many options. Does anyeone know a good option? I know things about electonics so a DIY-kit can I make work. As I said before it have to be cheap my budget is 50 euro's at the most but I want the best price for the quality.

thanks in advance.

Pangea HP101 is now $50 on Amazon. Zero issues on my HD600. Not perfect, but can hold its own vs the Magni and Vali.

Mar 13, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #7 of 14
Would that work for checking used speakers just to see if they are functional?

A headphone amp? No. Unless you're trying something like the Schiit Lyr2 you won't get enough power to even move a speaker to discern if driver behavior is normal or not, not to mention that even with something like the Lyr, 8ohms (much less 4ohms) might be too low.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #11 of 14
I did buy a little bear p8 valve headphone amp for under 80 euro's as a second change from a friend
atsmile.gif

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #12 of 14
Nice, sounds like a good deal.  

Feb 20, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #14 of 14
Bro, nice suggestion, but its 3 yrs late... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :thumbsup:
But I am sure others are looking for the same kind also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back