Best Budget, Bang for the Buck Desktop DAC
Jul 29, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #16 of 21
Jul 29, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:
New coming audinst HUD - mini

Mike doesn't seem to be too thrilled about it. http://goo.gl/bHEt1

I'm of the opinion that Voldy still makes some of the best bang for the buck, despite his controversial claims. Not the best amplifier or DAC ever, but still enough to smoke most competitors in it's price range.

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

but our friend in local forum said that the stock opamp is not very good, he said its better when he change the stock opamp with OPA2227

Quote:

Mike doesn't seem to be too thrilled about it. http://goo.gl/bHEt1

I'm of the opinion that Voldy still makes some of the best bang for the buck, despite his controversial claims. Not the best amplifier or DAC ever, but still enough to smoke most competitors in it's price range.

yeah, that friend that i said above is mike, he said that there is an improvement when he change the opamp, if you understand indonesian you can see it in his local forum (not headfonia)

Jul 29, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

yeah, that friend that i said above is mike, he said that there is an improvement when he change the opamp, if you understand indonesian you can see it in his local forum (not headfonia)

Oh thanks for the update then. I'm sure all of the DAC's suggested here will be great for the OP.

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:
Ok guys please chime in on this. Newbie here and I have a Dell Tower and an HP Lap top. Both are about a year and a half old. I have noticed a lot of my listening is on the computers via music files and Pandora. . I want a desktop DAC and it does not need to be an analog amp too as I already have that for portable use or use with the Sony Home Stereo. The DAC will be driving my m50's. A DAC with good Bass is important as I noticed the m50's really wake up in that area with my analog amp I use with them. I'm on a fairly tight budget so low cost and bang for the buck are important.
Thanks in advance,
Eric.

The Fiio E10 USB-DAC-Headphone amplifier ($69) should be a good value for driving ATH-M50s.

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

but our friend in local forum said that the stock opamp is not very good, he said its better when he change the stock opamp with OPA2227

good to know, thanks.
I just bought a Matrix Mini-i to upgrade form the Audinst HUD-mx1, so no Audinst mini for me
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back