Best bluetooth earbuds?
Jul 27, 2018 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

theriel

New Head-Fier
I give up. I have spent hundreds of pounds on high-quality IEMs over years and the result has always been the same - they never last (fixed cable: breaks; replaceable cable: loses connection). I use earbuds for many hours each day.

The question hence is - what are the best true wireless earbuds currently on the market? Wirecutter recommends Jabra Elite Active 65t (same as Jabra Elite 65t but with better dust and sweat protection, correct me if I am wrong?) and the view in the mega-thread here seems to be quite positive. Anything better than that?

I come from the world of Ety HF5 and MEE Audio Pinnacle P1, for what it's worth.

Thank you in advance for your kind help!

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 14
Yes AirPods especially if you have an iPhone. But even if you don’t. They sound good they let enough outside noise to leak in to keep you aware of your surroundings and stick in and don’t really fall out.

If you have an iPhone pairing and connectivity and gestures are just bonus

Oh I know I am gonna get flamed for this reply but there you go

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 14
No best.
Something sacrify.
Airpod is f*king sound but best connection and smart.
Sony wm1000f is much better in sound (to my ear, it is a bit strong sub bass) but f*king connectivity.

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 14
Maybe you should try listening to them without all the f*king then you might come to different conclusions.

The OP asked for best so I took it to mean best overall. If he had asked for best sound I wouldn’t have replied.

I said they sound good, I didn’t say best I haven’t heard many to say what’s the best sounding. But combine convenience sound and connectivity they are hard to fault.

Also they are very sensitive on how they are inserted in the war shallow insertion lacks in bass and detail and I am assuming that’s how most people use them.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #7 of 14
I would recommend getting a great sounding pair of wired earbuds you like, then get the Radsone EarStudio ES100. Love that combo on my Pixel 2 XL. Works great with my 1More Quad Drivers, Dunu DN-2000J and TFZ Exclusive 5.

Oct 7, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #8 of 14
Just recently tried connecting my Magaosi K3 Pros to the KZ 'waterproof' bluetooth headphone adapter with truly excellent results. Not as effective as the Airpods at letting ambient sound in but also not as isolating as the Etymotics at keeping sound out. Truly superb sound quality though for a combined cost considerably less than the Airpods.

Don't get me wrong - I still love the Airpods and rate them very highly but this combination does blow them away from a sound quality perspective.

Nov 11, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #9 of 14
I give up. I have spent hundreds of pounds on high-quality IEMs over years and the result has always been the same - they never last (fixed cable: breaks; replaceable cable: loses connection). I use earbuds for many hours each day.

The question hence is - what are the best true wireless earbuds currently on the market? Wirecutter recommends Jabra Elite Active 65t (same as Jabra Elite 65t but with better dust and sweat protection, correct me if I am wrong?) and the view in the mega-thread here seems to be quite positive. Anything better than that?

I come from the world of Ety HF5 and MEE Audio Pinnacle P1, for what it's worth.

I had the Jabra

I had the Jabra Elite Sport and used them for running and lifting. Love them. Lost them. I then used the J-Lab Epic Sport for a while, and they’re great for the money (but not true wireless). I recently got the Elite 65t and loved them ever more than the Elite Sport. Good sound for what it is - way better than EarPods (I think they’re terrible sounding).

I tested the EarPods and thought they sounded terrible. I have owned the Jabra Elite Sport and the Jabra Elite 65t. Both are excellent. I prefer the latter. It has excellent call quality as well as pretty good sound for what you’re getting. Problem is I lost both of them! Alas.

Jul 17, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #11 of 14
Yes AirPods especially if you have an iPhone. But even if you don’t. They sound good they let enough outside noise to leak in to keep you aware of your surroundings and stick in and don’t really fall out.

If you have an iPhone pairing and connectivity and gestures are just bonus

Oh I know I am gonna get flamed for this reply but there you go

Came here looking for a new pair of wireless earbuds.

Have tried non-truly wireless Bose SoundSport, BeatsX, AirPods, and PowerBeats3, older Jaybird and Jabra models, and many off brands.

Also own a variety of over-ear headphones (Sony, Sennheiser, Bose, Audio Technica), multiple sets of decent home speakers (Klipsch, KRK, JBL), and have had many custom audio setups in different vehicles (Infinity, Kicker, JBL, JL).

Maybe it’s opinion, but of the sets >$50 that I’ve owned, AirPods are by a significant margin the worst I’ve used.

Yes, they sound better than inexpensive headphones you’d buy from WalMart, but I was by no means impressed.

Bass was there but faint and fit was poor causing tons of external sound to leak in.

Maybe I’ll have to give them another try.

I own plenty of Apple products and am invested in them as a company, but these were just not up to my standard especially considering price point.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #12 of 14
No best.
Something sacrify.
Airpod is f*king sound but best connection and smart.
Sony wm1000f is much better in sound (to my ear, it is a bit strong sub bass) but f*king connectivity.

Dude do you English.

I think you mean to replace f*king with poor, or low-quality. Or even s**t.
But the f-word isn’t even close to correct in those places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back