Best Beyerdynamic for Listening to online lectures/podcasts only
Jun 23, 2014 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

htgiddlow

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Big fan of Beyerdynamics. I am going to take classes soon that have over 100 hours of online lecture/podcast material per class for the next 3 years and would like to know which you would use to couple a fiio e17 to listen to these lectures(or maybe just through a laptop port sometimes). Noise isolation is not a must.

DT 770 Pro 32ohms,
DT 770 Pro 250ohms
Custom One Pro

I'll take other recommendations too, but I'd like to stick to Beyer's because I have a freeggin huge head and it's honestly the only set of cans I've listened to for more than 5 hours and not notice they were on my head. Comfort is a huge factor for me. I currently run the T90 through a bottlehead. Have an e17 and Aune T1 lying around. Also, if listening to a youtube quality voice makes one of these headphones no different than a 50 dollar one, can I get some recommendations as well? Because if so, getting a 200 headphone just to listen to lectures while owning a t90 at home would be retarted.

Thanks guys!

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #2 of 3
Here's a good alternative for you, get a Sony MDR-7506 and buy some HM5 pads to use with them. The 7506's mids will be great for vocal clarity and the HM5 pads will give them an around the ear fit. I have a pair in that configuration and it's AWESOME for portable use. The headphones can be had for about $74 on Amazon at the moment, and the HM5 pads go for about $16 for a pair. The headphones are super light too. I rank them parallel to the DT770 for upgrades to the ATH-M50, they might even be a tad better than the DT770 (I've owned the 80 ohm and 600 ohm models)

Take that into consideration, it will save you some money and you will surely be satisfied with the sound quality. They require an amp, they're 42 ohm drivers I believe.

I just traded my T90 off and am shipping it out today :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back