Best Beater Headphones?
Sep 29, 2014 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

yearsofwisdom

100+ Head-Fier
My KSC75s broke again and I'm looking for another pair of beaters. I was considering the Senn-PMX75s or just getting another pair of KSC75s. What should I do?! Listen to literally every type of music with a main focus on classical, and hip hop and rock.

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #2 of 7
Do you want something closed or open? If you don't mind something closed, the JVC HAS400 for around $26 has great detail and seems to be built quite well. 

The cheapest high quality IEM I have found is the $12 Soundmagic ES18. The ES18 sounds much better than some much more expensive IEMs. The ES18 wins my award for having the best sound by far(earphone or headphone) for under $20. The ES18 is particularly good in the midrange, so it would be great for classical music.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/598627/review-soundmagic-es18-measured

The JVC Flats HAS160 headphone is around $12 and much more compact than the HAS400. It has much less detail than the HAS400, however it is still very pleasant to listen to. It is also closed. 

There aren't many great choices for cheap open headphones. The JVC HAS140 at around $10 has much lower sound quality than the HAS160, however it is open. It has a flimsy plastic headband, while the HAS160 has a metal headband. I use the HAS140 when watching tv, as I prefer to use something else when listening to music.

Oct 24, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 7
  Two words: MONO PRICE.com

That's three words.

FTFY...

Mono Price

Best $20 you will ever spend, UGLY as sin when worn if you have a big head but there is a mod for that... 
biggrin.gif

Edit: Post was also 3 weeks ago, OP probably found new headphones already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back