Best bassy IEM's under 100$?
Mar 5, 2010 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

the rev

100+ Head-Fier
Hey friends, I've been gone for a while so I have no idea what's the best bang for your buck so.

What's the best bassy IEM's for under 100$?
-Please, no IEM's that have to "wrap" around the ear.
-The bassier the better, but it doest not need to have bass slam
-used for working out/walking around school

Thanks

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 9
I'm owning a ATH-CK7. It has very nice bass and can produce very low frequencies (sometime I feel like there is a tiny subwoofer in it
biggrin.gif
). But don't get me wrong. The bass is not so loud, maybe not enough for basshead. It is controlled, tight and warm and I think precise too. I compared to my SRH440 and HD555 and somehow I believe I prefer its bass over those two cans lol. It just does not have the chracteristics of bass from cans.

It looks great w/ titanium cover. You can find it at around $70.

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by SillyHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm owning a ATH-CK7. It has very nice bass and can produce very low frequencies (sometime I feel like there is a tiny subwoofer in it
biggrin.gif
). But don't get me wrong. The bass is not so loud, maybe not enough for basshead. It is controlled, tight and warm and I think precise too. I compared to my SRH440 and HD555 and somehow I believe I prefer its bass over those two cans lol. It just does not have the chracteristics of bass from cans.

It looks great w/ titanium cover. You can find it at around $70.

Have you ever used the FX-66's? how do these compare? the HD555 are way to bass aeneamic. the FX-66 has the right amount of slam for me, but they have horrible build quality!

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by the rev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you ever used the FX-66's? how do these compare? the HD555 are way to bass aeneamic. the FX-66 has the right amount of slam for me, but they have horrible build quality!

lol your statement about HD555 bass is true.

Warn you that my AT is the only good IEM I own so you need more knowledgable people on IEM or at least read a review of CK7. We have a nice review on it @ head-fi. You don't want me to compare it with iPhone stock phone or $19 POS Sony lol

And yes, asking this in Portable headphone is better.

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #7 of 9
I actually liked the bass quality and quantity of the Turbines... but I don't know if I would call them bassy.

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #8 of 9
V-moda bass freqs. They retail for ~$50-60 (not sure) but I got mine on ebay for $17 shipped. Its not an over-the-ear, and it has more bass than anything mentioned above. I'm talking so much bass that I you'll wince.

Mar 6, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #9 of 9
At least in my opinion, the Shure SE115's are great! Though you may be paying a premium for the brand name, the new dynamic driver really pumps up the bass in my music. The amount of bass in the earphones is odd for Shure because their low and high ends aren't exactly renowned, but nab a pair and try it out to see for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back