BEST BASSHEAD IEM UNDER $30
Jan 18, 2013 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Audiophilester

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody seeing this, I was wondering and looking for the best bass iem under 30 bucks. I was seeing if the v-moda bass freq or the jvc xtreme xplosives and radius atomic bass 2 and the pioneer se clk721 basshead ones.. I want to get the best bass headphones that dont distort the highs and mids and have best sub bass with clarity. how are these though? Suggestions on any other options?

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 21
MH1C. Has a heavy bass end that extends impressively low, a nice, clean and warmish midrange, and a calmer treble that still has a bit of sparkle. Overperforms hugely and I'd say sounds better than basically every sub-$100 IEM. MSRP is $80, but the bulk packaged ones can be had for as low as $20.

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 21
I have the Sony MDRPQ4/BLK PIIQs and I absolutely love them. Clear thumpy bass and good airy trebles. The bass doesn't go out of control. But for me and plenty others was a bang for the buck! 

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #5 of 21
Was about to post XB90EX, then I saw "under $30"   ....okay, JVC FX3X then !
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:
Hey everybody seeing this, I was wondering and looking for the best bass iem under 30 bucks. I was seeing if the v-moda bass freq or the jvc xtreme xplosives and radius atomic bass 2 and the pioneer se clk721 basshead ones.. I want to get the best bass headphones that dont distort the highs and mids and have best sub bass with clarity. how are these though? Suggestions on any other options?

I reviewed MOST of the hyped budget IEM's in this website in here with regards to bass: http://www.head-fi.org/t/644735/w-pics-basshead-budget-fi-headphones-comparative-test-with-comparison-to-expensive-audiophile-gear-sony-mh1-jvc-ha-fx101-philips-she3580-soundmagic-e10-sennheiser-hd555-hd598-cx300-cx870-hifiman-re0-etc

If your priority is maximum quality bass (I know that's not all of it, but bass comes first before everything else) then take a look at my comparative review.

The MH1-C is indeed satisfying (don't get the MH1 because you'll need an adapter) but it may take time for you to appreciate the "open soundstage" that has been hyped about it. I initially dismissed it because it could not drive my bass needs.

I stand by the recommendation for the JVC HA-FX101 for maximum quality bass. Depending on your EQ settings, music with harsh high frequencies such as black/death metal may be unlistenable. The bass of the FX101 is on par with the top of my list, the Sennheiser CXL400 (it's already discontinued and only low quality fakes are available in the market) however, the bass drops in quality at the dangerous volume levels I listen to when I'm craving for bass. If you listen to bass extremely LOUD as I do, the Creative EP-630/630i (rebranded CX300) is an unfailing bet.

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #8 of 21
Yes, for $30 the CX300 got my vote too.  I don't have it personally but I did recommended it to a friend and tried it.  You won't be disappointed, and now it can be had for $15 to $20 if you shop around.

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:
Yes, for $30 the CX300 got my vote too.  I don't have it personally but I did recommended it to a friend and tried it.  You won't be disappointed, and now it can be had for $15 to $20 if you shop around.

Yes! Although I only recommend buying the genuine Creative EP-630/630i (whichever's cheaper) for $15 sold directly by Amazon.com (not marketplace). Buying elsewhere almost guarantees you a fake on both the EP-630 and the CX300. And just to repeat for emphasis, EP-630 = CX300 I can confirm it. (This recommendation is based on having "maximum quality bass" as priority; it does not mean the rest of the factors are neglected altogether.) (If you read ClieOS's multi-IEM review, he categorized the CX300 as "balanced" while the S4 was in the "bass-heavy" category; but according to my test and as many others have pointed out, the CX300 decimates the S4 bass-wise.)

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #11 of 21
so the jvc has that great of bass for price? I have read threads that it sounds artificial. but i dont have them so just saying. By any chance any of the ones I have put in the thread are better that the JVC FX1X1 xtreme bass? 

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #14 of 21
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596454/hisoundaudio-popo-reviews-thread-post-your-reviews-here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back