Best basshead IEM below $150?
Aug 9, 2013 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

UncleG

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm currently looking for a new IEM to replace my Sony MH1C. I really liked its sound signature, being musical and all. I mostly listen to pop, dance & some rock. Can you guys provide me options?

What I need is a bass-centric iem that effortlessly produces DEEP THUMPING (I needed more thump coming from MH1C) but QUALITY bass at the same time w/o the use of external amps. That is of course w/o sacrificing the overall sound quality. Big soundstage and better instrument separation is also needed. To make it short, I need the best basshead iems below $120.

Per reviews posted, I'm currently looking at these :

- Sony XB90EX
- ATH-CKS99
- Yamaha EPH-100
- Denon AH-C300

How do they compare? If you guys know a better basshead iem than these feel free to post it here. Thanks in advance!

Aug 11, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #4 of 8
Try Monster Turbine. Quality with bass.

Aug 13, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #6 of 8
A little hard to find now, but the Velodyne vPulse are worth looking into. What's better for bass than a pair of IEMs made by one of the better subwoofer manufacturers :wink:

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #8 of 8
can you guys please give more information about the IEM that you are suggesting? what I am looking for is a powerful BUT quality bass (fast attack/decay), with good overall sq and not just another bassy phone. I need a proper basshead audiophile phone. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back