Best Bass + SQ IEM under $100
Jan 19, 2012 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

EpicMango

New Head-Fier
Lets get this straight off the bat. I am a basshead. Period. But I do consider myself an Audiophile as well. Sound Quality is a something I look for, but I am way more towards the bass end of the spectrum. I've owned a pair of V Moda Vibe's both versions, the one with the straight plug, and the one with the 45 degree plug. I thought they were fantastic headphones, but that was my first step up from the stock Apple Headphones. I loved them so much, I actually went through 3 pairs. They started my quest to search for the perfect bassy + SQ filled IEM. 2 days ago I noticed that my Vibes right ear started crackling, it was very slight, but I noticed it, and I just couldn't stand it. So I looked for a decently priced IEM that would at the very very least, match the Vibes in output of low end bass, particularly in the 30-60 hz region, where the lows are emphasized. I listen to straight Hip Hop, that has been EQ'd professionally to output higher bass than normal without any distortion. Today I bought a pair of Monster Turbines brand new inbox authentic for $58, and I checked the authenticity so I know that they are indeed authentic. My question is that they are in the process of being shipped and it'll take a week to get here. My question is whether I should go ahead and open that box when I get it and enjoy those headphones, or keep it in the shrink wrap and sell them, in favor of something else that would abide my stipulations. Here's the basics

- I am a basshead, more bass = better BUT
- I am also a fan of high quality sound output, I want to hear music in its most purest output
- I listen to straight Hip Hop, EQ'd professionally for increased bass
- IEM's I've owned: V Moda Vibe; Verdict, great headphones, I went through 3 pairs I loved them so much
- At the Very least, have more bass output than my Vibes, and have same or better SQ or else I might as well just buy another pair of Vibes
- No more than $100, hell I don't even justify more than $80 but whatever
- Monster Turbines being shipped to me, should I stick with them or sell them and get something better?

Please keep your posts relevant to what I want, as I don't want to have to go through 15 posts about non relevant jibber jabber.
If at all, it would be great to have a number scale describing your experiences, from 1-10, as its easier for me, and other people to discern what they look for based on a scale. Thanks :)

Jan 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 3
You might as well keep the monsters. I think they will be miles better than the vibes. I had the vibes and to my ears they are lousy. The bass is controlled and has quite a nice kick. It also extents quite good but every thing else is missing. i had to use eq to make them at least decent.

Now a good option is the fischer audio eterna. Try to find the version1 which is suppose to be better than version 2.

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 3
Sell them and buy the Dre.Tour.. otherwise you will never get that deep immersive bass they were tunned for by the famous talented rapper dr.dre. The bass sounds as good as REAL studio monitors costing thousands$ and used for studio recording. Its a new air flow technology that made this happen.
I also heared that the white ones have a more clear sound due to the silver plated cable which makes the high frequencies sound like crystals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back