Best Bass Headphones under 100$
Jan 21, 2012 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

nemesi5

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am new to the market but I was just wondering what the best headphones for Hip - Hop/Dubstep would be for under 100$? I was thinking AD700's or ATH M50, but I need your opinions. 

Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 14

Quote:

Best Bass Headphones under 100$

Quote:
I was thinking AD700

Very bad idea, The AD700 is a bass light headphone.

Quote:

Much better concerning bass, but if you can find the HFi580 at 100$ buy them.

The SRH750 is good too, but less punchy and more balanced.

If you want "just" bass quantity, you can try the xb500.

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #7 of 14
Jan 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
and if he can't?

Then I'd go with XB500 based on his preferences in genres. XB500's best genres is exactly dubstep and hiphop. HTF600 I would put as recommendation before XB500 if his genres would be different. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #10 of 14
I have the JVC HA-M5X.  The bass can get rumbly, but the low modrange is the most prominent tone.  Therefore, getting a good rumble requires turning the volume up a bit.  Also, these are ported, so noise isn't just allowed in; noise is channeled in with a whooshing sound.  Aside from that they are fun to listen with - a quiet environment is recommended.

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
I have the JVC HA-M5X.  The bass can get rumbly, but the low modrange is the most prominent tone.  Therefore, getting a good rumble requires turning the volume up a bit.  Also, these are ported, so noise isn't just allowed in; noise is channeled in with a whooshing sound.  Aside from that they are fun to listen with - a quiet environment is recommended.

The HA-M5X is horribly balanced though, even worse than XB500 which does everything HA-M5X does but better. They both pack a very similar amount bass but the HA-M5X is more uneven in the midrange (boosted in the lower-mids, recessed in the upper mids) and the highs are VERY recessed, had to boost up to like 5.5dB to get them somewhat in balance with the mids hehe.

An EQ settings comparision against XB500:

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #14 of 14

Quote:
The HA-M5X is horribly balanced though, even worse than XB500 which does everything HA-M5X does but better. They both pack a very similar amount bass but the HA-M5X is more uneven in the midrange (boosted in the lower-mids, recessed in the upper mids) and the highs are VERY recessed, had to boost up to like 5.5dB to get them somewhat in balance with the mids hehe.

An EQ settings comparision against XB500:

I don't EQ my headphones very often, but for the JVCs, I just use a shallow scoop centered at 250Hz.  The low midrange majorly overpowers all the other frequencies, but it's fun sometimes.

I really want to see what Denon's headphones are all about one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back